Yo Yo's for Charity

Ladydaydreamer

I noticed there was a memeber taking Circles for her local cause and she has has not been able to respond for a while. What I would like to do is take in Circles or Yo yo's and put them together using this method.. http://yarncrazy.blogspot.com/2009/05/simple-yoyo-square.html Then donate the finished Afghans to the many charities we have going here at the Ville. The Circles for this method do seem to be a bit different from the others being taken before.. But if you have some of those made up and sitting around I'll work on modifying the method to fit them. If you are willing to make new ones out of the method this pattern Calls for here is the way the Circles are made. Chain 4 slip stitch in fist chain to form a ring, Chain Three and then 15 DC in the ring, Join with slip stitch in the top of the beginning chain three and tie off.. I am not worried about ends being tucked in I can do that myself.. I look forward to working on these with the Ville and look forward to getting to know some of the members better.. I am around most of the time seeing as I am a house wife.. So I can be reached most anytime via private messages. PM me for my address or any questions I'll be sure to answer them in a timely manner. Editing to add information.. I am looking to have these in a finished size of 1 and a half to 2 inches.. Any yarn is ok.. I have been using worsted weight yarn ends on the ones I have made here.. And my hook size has been an H.. Thanks again Warmest Thoughts Kristy N. Just a note Photos of a completed Ghan are up now.

Editing to add some photos of squares as they are no longer showing up.

post-12630-0-37470800-1377278132_thumb.jpg

post-12630-0-71250400-1377278170_thumb.jpg

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can do this, these work up fast and I am taking a break from doing anything "big" until it gets alittle colder out. Any color is fine? I have tons of scraps...would be an excellent way to use them up. Sending an PM now :)

Yes these do work up really fast.. And any color is welcome.. That is what adds the character to these afghans the nature of the different colors.. So any and all scraps will get equal the love!

Warmest Thoughts

Krsity N.

Baily I'll be on the look out for them.. Thank you

And Beverly I will keep this as an ongoing project as there are always members looking for lapghans or afghans on the forums for various charities..

Warmest Thoughts

Kristy N.:c9

I am so glad you are interested in taking on this project. I had wanted to help with the Circles of Hope but I'm not sure what happened with that one. I would love to help out with this. It's nice to see that it will be an ongoing project because I'm not sure how many I could get done before Christmas. However, since I participate in the monthly charity CAL's this would be good since I have just about completed my baby blanket goal for the year and am interested in doing something a little different.

I have a couple of questions.... Is acrylic WW okay and would you prefer a specific hook size? I am partial to G, H and I but willing to work with any. I can PM for an address when I am ready to ship. Also, what color(s) were you thinking of for joining?

Kristy, I just wanted to let you know that I put an envelope in the mail this morning. Should take a couple of days to arrive. I have lots of odds and ends of yarn, some almost full skeins, that I need to use up or find a home for. If you need any for sewing squares together, let me know and I will be glad to send what you can use.

Beverly

I've been wondering for the longest time what a yo-yo was.:think Thank you so much for the explanation and pattern!:ty

I already have a very small bag of granny daughters/circles of hope. I have to start one for yo-yos, too.

I don't know how long it will take for me to get enought to make it worthwhile to send. I'll just check back in when that occurs. Okay?

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +5

Dishcloth Tuesdays ~ 2009 CAL

Lapgans for cancer patients

I am so glad you are interested in taking on this project. I had wanted to help with the Circles of Hope but I'm not sure what happened with that one. I would love to help out with this. It's nice to see that it will be an ongoing project because I'm not sure how many I could get done before Christmas. However, since I participate in the monthly charity CAL's this would be good since I have just about completed my baby blanket goal for the year and am interested in doing something a little different.

I have a couple of questions.... Is acrylic WW okay and would you prefer a specific hook size? I am partial to G, H and I but willing to work with any. I can PM for an address when I am ready to ship. Also, what color(s) were you thinking of for joining?

I am taking them made in any yarn.. and I have been using an I hook on mine..

Warmest Thoughts

Kristy N:c9

Kristy, I just wanted to let you know that I put an envelope in the mail this morning. Should take a couple of days to arrive. I have lots of odds and ends of yarn, some almost full skeins, that I need to use up or find a home for. If you need any for sewing squares together, let me know and I will be glad to send what you can use.

Beverly

Thank you for mailing some out.. And any odd ends or scarps I'll gladly take for this to make up more yo yos or to sew them to gether..

And Thank you MarZee for doing this.. I'll keep this on going as I have stated before..

Thank you all

Warmest Thoughts

Krsity N. :c9

Did the yo yo's I sent on the 22nd arrive, and were they suitable? :think I had planned on sending additional at a later date.

Yes Bailey They did finally get here and they will work perfectly.. Thank you..

Warmest Thoughts

Kristy N :c9

Beverly

They Got here this morning and they are lovely.. Thank you so much there should be enough in what you sent to get at least 5-8 squares made with them!

Thank you so much

Warmest Thoughts

Kristy N:c9

Thanks for letting me know the envelope arrived. I am working on more and will send a small box with some miscellaneous skeins you can use for sewing the squares together. Do you prefer light or dark? I have quite a bit of dark brown and dark blue.

Thanks for letting me know the envelope arrived. I am working on more and will send a small box with some miscellaneous skeins you can use for sewing the squares together. Do you prefer light or dark? I have quite a bit of dark brown and dark blue.

I don't really have a preference light or dark is fine .. Different colored squares would make nice afghans.. So all is welcome.

Warmest Thoughts

Kristy N :c9

Hi everyone.. I just received more circles today from Mrs. Greene.. I want to thank you those are lovely. And will look great in these Squares..

I also already have three squares made up. Just wanted to show off how they are coming out.

Thank you again for all your help and support.. This keeps up and I'll have my first afghan to donate very soon..

Warmest Thoughts

Kristy N.:c9

post-12630-135897457385_thumb.jpg

post-12630-135897457388_thumb.jpg

Those square look really nice. I have been working on yoyos for you and hope to have a batch to send in a week or so. Unfortunately I have about 5 projects I'm trying to work on at the same time. The yoyos are great when I don't feel like pulling out a large project or if I only have a half hour or so.

Archived