Anthropologie Bracelet

Jan

Has anyone figured out how the tan bracelet was created in the latest Anthropologie catalog. It comes in at over $200! Sure would like to do something even a little similar. Thanks for any input.

I downloaded a copy of the photo last week. I plan to work out how it's made but haven't had a chance yet. I love the stuff on anthropologie, for inspiration, but their prices are ridiculous.

I just took another look. Can't get much detail because the photo blurs with enlargement, but here's what I see. It's three motifs. Each one is just a long length of crochet over a chain. Maybe double crochet. You would have to shape and pin the motifs in place on paper, the way Irish crochet is done. Then you would chain from one area to another to hold them together. I'm not sure this bracelet uses chains because the joinings seem to be very loose. There are also beads along the edges, but there's no way to tell whether they were added on or crocheted in place as each piece was made.

I plan to try something like it, but have too many other projects going right now. Maybe somebody can give it a try and let us know how it works out.

It doesn't look too difficult. If you do a close up on it (zoom it in) you can see lots and lots of beading on it too. Just lovely. Could be made for about $5 though. Talent is worth a lot to Anthropologists :devil (I crack myself up:D )

Archived