It's snowing

dakotarose1953

Here is the start of my snowflakes. I have made so many to give as gifts, but this year, these are mine! We are getting a new Christmas tree this year (one of those fiber-opic ones) and I want to have snowflakes for it. I also have a pattern for a lacy candy cane cover I am going to have on it too.

Of course when my new daughter-in-law seen these she hinted for some, so will have to whip out some extras.

Thanks to those who shared snowflake patterns on the Ville! You all have helped me get going!!

Dakotarose

post-20822-135897450297_thumb.jpeg

every year when i make snowflakes i put them on the tree and find someone at the last minute i need to give a little something to and off they come. and i say that i am going to start in janaury and that way i can make a bunch but life always seems to get in the way. oh well...

• 2 weeks later...

Your snowflakes are beautiful. I'm sure they will look fabulous on your new tree. Last Christmas - with the help of my Crochetville friends -I decorated a whole tree with snowflakes (theme for my DD's wedding). Everyone commented on it and it looked great in the wedding photos.

Those are just beauuuuuutiful!!!!

I know what you mean - in the past I have made many of these that find new homes on Christmas trees - all except my own! Haha!

Enjoy them!

And I think the one in the lower left corner that has like a Pointsetta Motif in it - I have made many a time - it is nice in colors (red with green) too!

And the folks here sharing their patterns are just great I agree!

Those are all pretty, I need to get busy on our snowflake again, but I'm doing a Cal and want to get that done first.

Are your snowflakes white or cream? not sure of the colors.

I have always made them in White. Something about snow being white, so I make mine in white. I have seen them done in cream, but I like the white better.

Dakotarose

PS ... Thank you everyone for your notes. It is wonderful to share with everyone here!

my parents have a large picture window in their living room and my mom strings up a bunch of snowflakes on invisible thread and hangs them from garland she swags across the top of the window..it looks sooo pretty :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived