Candy Jar

dakotarose1953

This is my first post to Show & Tell .. hope I do it right!

Last Friday I was looking at the old large margarine tub I had on my desk at work that holds the "office" candy (usually Jolly Ranchers and Starbursts) and I thought to myself that I crochet a cover for the tub and make it look so much better. So I took a couple measurements and decided that would be my weekend project.

As I got to my project, I reolized that I didn't take the right measurement:( and knew I didn't want to go in to the office to get them, so hubby said, why not use that jar that is on the table.

It is a short fat jar and I knew would be perfect.:clap My hook went flying:hook and in a few hours I had a cover made, it slipped on with no problem and this is what came out. Now it sits on my desk looking so much better then the old "tub".

Dakotarose

post-20822-1358974499_thumb.jpg

It's very cute! Did you stuff the sides? :think Great job. :hook

No stuffing. I just followed the shape of the jar. It is a short/wide jar the comes in at the bottom and top in a nice slope, then on the top it goes into the "screw" part of the jar. I sloped the top up to match the smaller top, beacuse I knew that once slid onto the jar it would form up to the jar.

Thanks everyone for you comments! It is incouraging to get feedback!

Your candy jar cozy turned out beautifully, DakotaRose! You did a great job shaping it to fit your shapely jar. Such a sweet way to dress up your desk!

Very nice! I also like to cover jars, tins and even small boxes. I often make stripes and you'd be surprised how many people want them for gifts.

• 6 months later...

Fantastic job! You should write up the pattern and sell it!

• 2 months later...

Very nice. I have a collection of tubs waiting for covers. My husband rolls his eyes every time I set another one aside. Lol! Yours fits perfectly. Nice job!

Archived