Angel bookmark 1

Apak

Hi! everyone ~ I just finished the Angel bookmark this morning. As slow as I am at my crocheting, I was so pleased at how fast it worked up for me. :clap It's really pretty, and I've got plans to send it to my dearest aunt ~ she'll love it! Thanks so much for sharing your talents ~ :hug

• 2 weeks later...

I never learned to crochet from a diagram so thanks much for including written directions also. Lovely angel! Thanks.

Carole, you made beautiful bookmarks, thank you for sharing the picture!

I'm glad you can use this pattern, thank you for your comments everybody :)

Could someone tell me what size thread and hook to use? Maybe size 10 thread and 10 hook? I would sure appreciate it.:hook

Good morning! Mary ~ When I did the Angel bookmark, I used a #7 hook. If you're new at figuring out thread and hook sizes to use, this is what I've learned for myself so far . . . right now I'm working on a Lord's Prayer wall hanging. I'm using #10 thread and a #10 hook. When I first started this (back about 2002??), I didn't know beans about choosing what hook to use (and I didn't copy off the materials list that suggested what hook to use, so I can't even verify that now ~ my magazine is stored away *somewhere* :blush). Now that I've picked it back up to finish, I'm finding out that I'm really slowed down by using such a small hook with this size thread ~ too late to change hook size now ~ :lol But we live and learn, right? ;) These crochet/knitting groups are a God-send, for sure, to help us learn all the little tricks and techniques. Hope this helps you out?

Happy Hooking :crocheting

Good morning! Mary ~ When I did the Angel bookmark, I used a #7 hook. If you're new at figuring out thread and hook sizes to use, this is what I've learned for myself so far . . . right now I'm working on a Lord's Prayer wall hanging. I'm using #10 thread and a #10 hook. When I first started this (back about 2002??), I didn't know beans about choosing what hook to use (and I didn't copy off the materials list that suggested what hook to use, so I can't even verify that now ~ my magazine is stored away *somewhere* :blush). Now that I've picked it back up to finish, I'm finding out that I'm really slowed down by using such a small hook with this size thread ~ too late to change hook size now ~ :lol But we live and learn, right? ;) These crochet/knitting groups are a God-send, for sure, to help us learn all the little tricks and techniques. Hope this helps you out?

Happy Hooking :crocheting

Thank you:hug

I have since found out that #10 thread and #10 hook is certainly way too slow, plus you have to be so careful not to split the thread.

So I started using a #8 hook and it seems to be working fine. I may try a #7 somewhere down the road.

Again...thank you for responding. :hook

Thank you:hug

I have since found out that #10 thread and #10 hook is certainly way too slow, plus you have to be so careful not to split the thread.

So I started using a #8 hook and it seems to be working fine. I may try a #7 somewhere down the road.

Again...thank you for responding. :hook

Glad to be of service, Mary ~ :) I need to make a few more of these Angel bookmarks ~ they'll be so nice to give to my friends/family who read a lot (like me). I didn't make a tassel on the end of mine this time, so just made a round medallion kinda thingy. Have you gotten your Angel bookmark done? And don't forget to show a pic, too ~ :D

Glad to be of service, Mary ~ :) I need to make a few more of these Angel bookmarks ~ they'll be so nice to give to my friends/family who read a lot (like me). I didn't make a tassel on the end of mine this time, so just made a round medallion kinda thingy. Have you gotten your Angel bookmark done? And don't forget to show a pic, too ~ :D

Oh, I am afraid they are already done and gone! I didn't take a pic but I will next time... :hook

I love to do bookmarks. I made one for my DD that was tiny granny squares (about 1/2 inch squares) and 7 or 8 in length and she loved it. Again, I didn't take a pic but I need to start doing that. :yes

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

What an awesome job of showing us step by step how to make these!! I am going to try one today. You are an angel for doing this! They are so cute!!

• 6 months later...

I must not understand how to make the tassel on the angel..so I did the 5tr's all the way down, but did not know how to make the finish on the tassel..just left it off..Maybe someone can explain it to me in detail..Also, making just the angels for the Christmas tree and using the craft starch is a good idea..guess I will do that..GrammyDori

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...

The tassel has the beads i have been trying to recreate from on of my great grandmothers creation. However, I am not quite understanding how to create them. Do you think you could give me some more information on those stitches? 

Archived