Crochetted Rug

jillybean

• 2 weeks later...
How many sheets did you use?

I have a bag of leftovers just in case I want to make it larger, but overall I used one twin sheet set, one queen sheet set, and one king duvet cover. I dyed the duvet cover indigo blue, it was flesh-tone before that, probably why it was on the discount table. Total expense, not including time of course, was just under $35.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great Job with the rug. I also want to try crocheting with cloth. Several years ago, about 20, I ordered a book on braiding rugs. I tried to do that but lost interest with trying to keep the cloth in these metal gadgets that you used to braid with. I think crocheting would go oh, so much smoother. Great Job!

Beautiful rug!! A lot of time & work went into it.

Look in Annie's Attic's Pink Cancer pattern book. There are step by step directions to cut strips that are several yards long with NO seams!

I'll have to dig out my copy of the book. I must have missed that in there. I've been buying fleece remnants thinking to crochet a rug with them. I put a fabric cutter on my wish list for DH when he shops for my gifts. I know he got one because I was with him! Now I just have to wait till I get it.

• 1 month later...

Archived