How long does it take...

norwinmom

How long does it take for you to fininsh a project? It took me about 3 or 4 months make an afghan for a friend of mine. of course I don't really get a lot of time to crochet though. And sometimes by the time I get to sit and relax for the evening, I'm too wore out!:yawn So it seems like it takes forever to fininsh something.

It depends...I've taken 6 months to do an afghan, depending on how complicated the pattern is. The shortest I've taken is 1 1/2 months, but that was using Wool-Ease Thick and Quick yarn and a P hook.

Unfortunately, we all have either day jobs or families to look after. Wouldn't it be nice if crocheting was our full-time job!

i guess you could call me a 'power crocheter'...i somehow don't think far enough in advance when it comes to my crocheted gifts, so i can't say i've ever made an afghan at a leisurely pace! i'd say on average i do my afghans in a month or less...depends on how much time i have to devote to it. i have been known to be finishing up a gift the morning i plan on giving it away...once or twice...or a dozen times:rock amazingly, my brain has actually started to think about Christmas even though it's only September, so maybe this year i can actually make a few gifts instead of buying them :clap

just depends on the pattern, the yarn I am working with, and the time limit I have. :blush I am a bit of a procrastinator, so sometimes I just have to buckle down and do it. But depending on the project it can be 24 hours (usually very little sleeping, eating or anything else,lol) to several months. If it is a baby blanket, say a round ripple for instance, I can do a baby size in 1-3 days depending on the amount of color changes, the yarn, and the edging. For something full size like a round ripple that is around 70 inches point to point a week to several months, again depends on the yarn, hook size, color changes, and of course life's little interruptions......

Work and study make me a slow crocheter! If I put my mind to it i can get an afghan done in a week - but then get nothing else done! Usually a few months though :cat

Archived