Yarn Buying Strike...anyone?

JessicaRenee520

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

shuttlebuggy-congratulations on your wonderful scrapghan! I am so amazed by your work, and how you kept your father's shirt and made it the focus. I also find the shirt rather humourous!

I did have a question for you-did you attach the t-shirt to something thicker...like fleece or felt? Or is is just the shirt with holes around it?

I toyed with the idea of joining you ladies when this CAL first started. Boy is it a good thing that I didn't join! :lol :lol :lol I have bought at least one or two skeins of yarn every week since this started and yesterday it was 20! :eek Hooray for all of you who are doing such a good job. My hat's off you you. :clap :clap :clap

i've been good and this is my prize http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3442/4076347124_6b78e8bc92_m.jpg

this little guy was born 4th of nov abot 10 am (he actually is white, he rolled in the dirt while still wet) he looks like his dad

been several places with yarn and so far only petted it. i am going to try to make it to Christmas

i've been good and this is my prize http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3442/4076347124_6b78e8bc92_m.jpg

this little guy was born 4th of nov abot 10 am (he actually is white, he rolled in the dirt while still wet) he looks like his dad

been several places with yarn and so far only petted it. i am going to try to make it to Christmas

Oh..............He's adorable!

Catdragon,

Will that little one around, I wouldn't get anything done. I'd be outside competing with his mom watching that little guy for hours on end. What a joy he must be. I hope you'll post more pictures.

Out of curiosity, I had to stop by and see what you all were up to. OH MY, :bow down to you all and commending you all for doing something I could never do. I recently moved and boxed up 40+ boxes of yarn. Turned right around and went to some thrift stores here where I now live and bought 8 large garbage bags full of scrap/partial skeins of :yarn. On top of that I hit 3 HL stores and bought 220+ skeins of yarn on clearance. I just can not turn down yarn that is $2 or less a skein. I also found a bunch of $1 skeins of yarn at walmart and then found a bunch of yarn on clearance during my trip to Cheyenne to meet a fellow Viller (which some of it I shared with her). Keep up the great work and I am :cheer:cheer:cheeryou all. I admire you all for doing something I am not able to do, as I have a desire/need to buy more yarn.

Catdragon,

Will that little one around, I wouldn't get anything done. I'd be outside competing with his mom watching that little guy for hours on end. What a joy he must be. I hope you'll post more pictures.

unfortunately where we keep him is a 2 hour drive away. planning on going down today or monday just to take more pictures and cuddle him a little. he is the bouncyiest boy and is strong for his size. he was 15.3 pounds when born and at 3 hours old i couldn't keep hold of him with all the bounce and want to go. will post more pics after the next trip down.

Cute little guy, Catdragon.

Bad news everyone. I am out. I bought 1 skein of yarn. One!!! It was on sale and I bought one. The good news is I went in to buy enough to make a tree skirt, but couldn't decide on a colour. At any rate, it has been fun! Sept. 19 - November 7th. Not bad!

I'm not buying anymore yarn either. Not for awhile....until I get some of what I have crocheted up.

I have enough to start my own yarn and pattern store. {Not really, but I have alot.}

Today is Saturday.....and I'm off today. Do you all have any idea how difficult it is for me to STAY home on an off-from-work-Saturday and NOT go to Hobby Lobby??

I don't need to go to Hobby Lobby and buy any more yarn or patterns.

I have enough. I just need to look thru what I have and be satisfied with that.

I will not go to Hobby Lobby.................

I'm still in. I got a $40.00 gift card to ACMoore for my birthday on Halloween and I still haven't broken down yet.:cheer:think:think:think I'm sure there must be other great finds there besides yarn.:yes:devil

• 3 weeks later...

I'm out! I had to buy a skein today, I just didn't have the color I needed! But it's ok, I went a month over what I had planned....Sept.18th to Nov.25th. I got to use up alot of scrap yarn, made everyone I know crochet-top hand towels (I will add pics later) for Christmas gifts and I started an afghan for DH...Mario! That's why I had to buy the yarn, I don't anything I could use for his face. I have all the other colors! I don't plan on buying any more though :D. I won't be starting another project until Mario is done, and I may even have enough scraps for the next afghan. Sooo...should I get back in on the strike?

I'm out! I had to buy a skein today, I just didn't have the color I needed! But it's ok, I went a month over what I had planned....Sept.18th to Nov.25th. I got to use up alot of scrap yarn, made everyone I know crochet-top hand towels (I will add pics later) for Christmas gifts and I started an afghan for DH...Mario! That's why I had to buy the yarn, I don't anything I could use for his face. I have all the other colors! I don't plan on buying any more though :D. I won't be starting another project until Mario is done, and I may even have enough scraps for the next afghan. Sooo...should I get back in on the strike?

Hop back in! You did great!

I'm still in on this. Wow, I didn't realize how much I had here just waiting for me to create with. I always think, new project--must get new yarn/thread, well I guess I should just check my stash first.:yes

This is a great challange for me. I've actually been trying to do this for awhile now, but always find myself giving in. Now that I've found others to share this challange with, it might actually be fun :)

I'm currently workng on a scrap afghan and have some plans to make scarves with a lot of my left-overs.

I'm not putting a time limit on this; just going to try for as long as I can.

• 1 month later...

I started at the beginning of this and I lasted until last week! I had to buy yarn to finish out an afghan for one of the grandkids.

I made 3 others all from stash yarn!!

I'll post pics of them later this week.

Elise

I started at the beginning of this and I lasted until last week! I had to buy yarn to finish out an afghan for one of the grandkids.

I made 3 others all from stash yarn!!

I'll post pics of them later this week.

Elise

Wow!

Archived