Fat Bottom Bag with Repurposed Handles and Closure

kuddlekubs

Hi! A gal at my work that has purchased a few felted bags from me, asked me to make a fat bottom bag (Happy Hooker) with Vanna's Choice in a pretty rose variegation, and to use the handles and button/closure from a tote she had that was falling apart.

Here is the result! She is 'modeling' the purse and also I included a picture showing the lining. I showed her several fabrics from my stash and she decided on a batik (my favorite type of fabric!).

I really like how it changed the look of the bag......took some thinking on my part to make the changes, but it worked and she loves it!

post-17419-135897449097_thumb.jpg

post-17419-135897449101_thumb.jpg

Ohhh I love it! The handles and closure make it look different - very elegant! Love the color and the lining too!

Your fat bottom bag turned out beautifully, Kuddlekubs! And what a great idea, reusing the 'findings'(?) from a retired purse. Well done!

Batik is my absolute favorite fabric! I also have a lot plus got some from my good friend Toni (dobermama).

That turned out wonderfully! The handles look terrific. Isn't Batik wonderful? I have lots in my stash too.

Archived