Name your favorite yarns and crochet threads!

Autumn

I just pulled some more yarn out of my stash to use and just had a conversational thought. There is a thread on the 'ville for what is your worst or least fav. yarn to use, and I thought it would be nice to have a thread to name our favorites in yarns and threads!

So, what are your favorite yarns and/or crochet threads?

Mine are, in order:

1. Bernat Big Value Yarn

2. Bernat Berella "4"

3. Vanna's Choice and Vanna's Choice Baby Yarn

4. Caron One Pound

5. (thread) Aunt Lydia Crochet Denim

Simply Soft, I love the colors and it's soft enough I can make baby blankets with it!

My yarn basket is full of it right now, the shell afghan is in Plum Perfect, Mulberry Mist and Lilac Bud, the baby blanket is in Off-White, Iris, Mango, Watermelon, Limelight, Berry Blue, and Blue Mint! I have the colors picked for the upcoming projects and they are all Simply Soft as well. :D

Yarn:

Acrylic and blends: Caron one-pounders, Lion Jiffy and Wool-Ease

Cotton: use many

Thread:

DMC Cebelia, Cordonnet, size 10

JP Coats Royale, size 3

Not to say I wouldn't have other ones I'd use quite often. These are readily available and I've gotten used to them.

I Love this Yarn

I Love this Cotton

Berocco Comfort (my very favorite)

Simply Soft

Red Heart Soft

Bernat Satin

Homespun

There are expensive yarns I also love, but usually only buy enough for a scarf and forget their names!

Yarns: Vanna's Choice, Caron One Pound, Red Heart Super Saver, Homespun, and Peaches and Cream and Sugar and Cream. All easy care, relatively inexpensive, and soft.

Threads: Knit-Cro-Sheen and Aunt Lydia's size 10. I don't work with thread a lot, but those are the one's I like the most of what I've tried.

I'd say my favorites are:

Patons Classic Wool

Patons Decor

Vanna's Choice

Cascade 220

Plymouth Encore

Moda Dea Sassy Stripes (I'm so bummed that Moda Dea is being discontinued! :eek)

Archived