Help

Guest Ventrue262001

Question

Guest Ventrue262001

Rnd 2 Sl st in next st, sl st in next ch-2 sp, ch 17; for beginning left strip, sc in 3rd ch from hook sc in next 11 chs, sc around remaining ch 3, (dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in same sp, <> [ch 3 (sc in 3rd ch of next ch-5 sp, ch 3) 2 times, shell in ch of next shell; for right strip, *ch 14, sc in 3rd ch from hook, sc in next 11 chs, sc around last dc or sc made before strip*; ch 3, sc in 3rd ch of next ch-5 sp; for next right strip; repeat between **; ch 2, sl st in next sc, ch2, sc in 3rd ch of next chain 5 sp, for left strip; repeat between **, ch 3], dc in ch-2 sp of next shell; for next left strip; repeat pattern **; (dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in ch-2 sp of same shell; repeat from <> around to last 4 ch-5 sps; repeat between [], join with sl st in 3rd ch of ch-17.

where the problem is also..do you consider between the asteriks 1 and 1 is 2 or 2 starting a new one. The lattice work just doesnt add up and i know something is wrong.

Thank you in advance for your help

8 answers to this question

Guest Ventrue262001

Its a wedding dress for a 11 inch fashion doll.

Its called a Lattice Ruffle

Notes

For beginning shell ch 3, (dc, ch 2 2dc) in same st.

For shell, (2 dc, ch 2, 2dc) in next st.

Rnd 1 Working in front lps of rnd 20, join with sl st in first st, beg shell, ch 5, skip next 4 sts, sc in next st, ch 5, skip next 5 sts, (shell in next st, ch 5, skip next 5 sts, sc in next st, ch 5 , skip next 5 st) around, join with sl st in top of ch-3 (48 ch 5 sps, 24 shells).

prcoess with round 2

Guest Ventrue262001

Thank you for the welcome. IM hoping to stick around and get some crochet tips and read up on all the info from the wonderful posters you have a this board.

Guest krafty40

Where it says repeat ** it means repeat what is in between the first two stars. It is not to start something new. Hope this helps you. I crochet a lot of bridal dresses for 11 1/2 " dolls. E-mail me and let me know if you get it figured out if not I can help you out some more. Some of the dresses are tricky. Shirley:welcome

Archived