Favorite size 10 thread in colors?

missmaxx

Hi,

Just wondering what you'd recommend. I'm making my friend, Terri, some thread coasters for her new livingroom. The colors are cream and burgandy. What thread would you use? (I'm thinking solid colors - some of each )- and using some of the small PK patterns in 99 Little Doilies.

My favorites for thread have always been cebelia first and foremost, but it's a bit pricey. I love it though and use it for all my "special" projects. My second favorite, is Aunt Lydia's. Both have a large variety of colors. I have been able to get cream and burgandy at AC Moore in Aunt Lydia's. Cebelia, well that's a pretty much have to order on line for me, especially if I want colors.

I haunt e-bay for deals on Cebelia. I have come across some really good deals there. Be careful though and make sure it's new in package and that it is not "vintage". Even though it is listed as new in package it can still be vintage. Look carefully at the pictures of the items and make sure the packaging is the "current" packaging.

As per Katchkan - Never buy vintage as the yarn has already lived 1/2 or more of it's useful life.

TLOL,

Toni

Archived