Rainbow Ripple FO

Fidgement

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
kwools,

I wish Caron would make the same range of colors in fingering weight yarn!

Have you tried writing in or emailing to the Caron yarn :yarn company. If you ask sometimes they will do..if they know what we want they may do cause its a money maker and we need the yarns...It would save me a whole lot of time.

I think its a good idea for fingering weight yarns :yarn . They do have awesome colors yarns...

Be nice if Red heart also made fingering wieght yarns on all their colors.

I divide the ply sometimes to get the yarns I need in that color. BUT, its so time consuming~~~~~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Tapanga and nss,

All the yarn is Carons SS. The colors are white, off white, orchid, soft blue, and soft pink. I used two strands throughout to get the effect of the colors running into each. It started out as a baby ghan, but I realized it would be too heavy. So, I stopped where I did. It measures 48" across, and is pretty heavy, so I didn't try to make it any bigger. I really love it - its so soft and pretty!

Thanks for looking and for the comments!

Cheers!:yay

I'm also using the same Caron yarn with a similar color scheme, and ran into the same problem. It was going to be a baby afghan, and I should have just done 2 rows of each. I did 4 and now it's massive and heavy, and I still have 2 more rows to do. Guess I'll be starting another baby afghan!

This is, by far, the most beautiful round ripple I've ever seen. I'm glad you felt you just had to make it. What a treasure!

Linny ~ You don't have to have a baby to crochet it for!!! Crochet it for you. I love to do rainbow work and people laugh and say "Uh-huh, rainbows" as if there's something awful about them. Then when I'm finished, they love it! Look at this gorgeous round ripple ~ didn't she do a stunning job?

Real Deal

I'm not usually a fan of the round ripples...but your afghan is beautiful. I love the way the colors change.

Great job! :clap

Archived