Cherries Jubilee - 15" doll - image intense

darski

Cherries Jubilee 15” doll :pinterest

post-4896-135897444983_thumb.jpg

Needs:

WW yarn (Bernat Super Saver) in green and beige. RH Comfort in white and 5mm hook

8 Small red buttons. 2 pony beads if desired for shoes.

The Dress

post-4896-135897444987_thumb.jpg

Ch 21,

Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook, *2sc in next, sc in next* rep to end ( 30 sc) secure but DNBO green.

Row 2: att beige at beginning of row 1… sc in 3, 2sc in next 2 sc, sc in 5, 2sc in next 2 sc, sc in 6, 2sc in next 2 sc, sc in 5, 2sc in next 2 sc, sc in 3. ( 38 sc) secure but DNBO beige.

Row 3: w/ green… sc in 4, 2sc in next 2 sc, sc in 7, 2sc in next 2 sc, sc in 8, 2sc in next 2 sc, sc in 7, 2sc in next 2 sc, sc in 34 ( 46 sc) secure but DNBO green. Pick up beige

Row 4: sc in 5, 2sc in next 2 sc, sc in 9, 2sc in next 2 sc, sc in 10, 2sc in next 2 sc, sc in 9, 2sc in next 2 sc, sc in 5. ( sc) secure but DNBO beige. Pick up green

Row 5: sc in 6, 2sc in next 2 sc, sc in 11, 2sc in next 2 sc, sc in 12, 2sc in next 2 sc, sc in 11, 2sc in next 2 sc, sc in 6. ( sc) secure but DNBO green, pick up beige.

Row 6: sc in 7, 2sc in next 2 sc, hdc in 13, 2sc in next 2 sc, sc in 14, 2sc in next 2 sc, hdc in 13, 2sc in next 2 sc, sc in 7. ( sc) secure but DNBO beige. Pick up green

Row 7: sc in 8, 2sc in next 2 sc, hdc in 15, 2sc in next 2 sc, sc in 16, 2sc in next 2 sc, hdc in 15, 2sc in next 2 sc, sc in 8. ( sc) secure but DNBO green.

Row 8: sc in 11, ch 2, skip 16sts, sc in 24, ch 2, skip 16 sts, sc 11.secure but DNBO beige. Pick up green

Row 9: sc in every sc and ch st. Break off green.

Row 10: ch 3, dc in every sc to end. (60 dc)

Row 11: dc in 2. *3dc in next, dc in 3* rep to end. (84 dc)

Rows 12-14: dc in every dc. Break off beige.

Row 15: with green dc in every dc. Break off and tidy all ends.

Back edges: Work sc over the back edges working 3 (tight) ch 5 loops for buttons.

post-4896-135897444995_thumb.jpg

Collar… attach white yarn at left back neck edge:

Sc in 1, hdc in next 2dc in next 5, hdc, in 1, sc in 2, hdc in 1, 2dc in next 5, hdc in 1, sc in last.

Work a row of sc along the collar edge increasing only if needed to keep it flat..

Stitch one red button thru the collar and dress to keep collar down.

Centre draw waist. Tie a long strand of yarn at each Centre Back edge. Tie at half way point so the two ends will meet evenly. Draw each set of strands under 2/over 2 to centre front. Tie a nice bow that is somewhat generous – you need the yarn to give when you untie the bow to get it on and off. Make a knot at the point that looks good to you and trim ends.

With green yarn: attach a 15” strand and tie a smaller bow in the 3rd beige row up from bottom. Put a dab of clear nail polish on the knot to keep it steady. Let that dry before you continue.

post-4896-135897444992_thumb.jpg

The cherries: take the strand from the cherries and secure it loosely in the last beige row. Use this yarn to attach your buttons by going through holes twice. Secure and tidy all ends. Use the pics when working this out. If you have more buttons, you can do more sets of cherries.

The triangle kerchief.

post-4896-135897444998_thumb.jpg

I wanted this to be done when it was done… hence my odd method of construction.

Ch 30, 2 dc in 3rd ch from hook, ch 2, sl st in that 3rd ch. sl st in every stitch.

Ch 60, 2 dc in 3rd ch from hook, ch 2, sl st in that 3rd ch. sl st in 26 sts, hdc in remaining chains and sl st into last sl st from first tie (just for looks). Ch 1 turn. You now have both ties and will work the triangle.

Row 2: *hdc, ch 1, sk 1* to end

Row 3-15: Hdc dec over first two sts, [ch 1, sk 1, ] to last two, hdc dec, ch 1 turn Work the last row in any way that works for you and when you want to.

Shoes…

post-4896-1358974450_thumb.jpg

It is assumed that you can work both sides of a chain…

Thread a bead on yarn. With green; you work from the heel in making these.

Ch 5…

Row 1: 2 sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next, hdc in next, 5 hdc in last ch, hdc in next, sc in next, another sc in 1st st.

Row 2: work around the sole in hdc increasing at heel and toe as needed to stay flat. I have 21 sts.

Row 3: Flip sole good side down and work FPsc in every st around. Join. Ch 1 turn

Row 4: hdc in every FPsc around. Join.

Row 5: hdc, hdc dec, hdc to front, work 5 hdc decreases over the front section, hdc to last 2, hdc dec. join.

Strap: work sc in 4 or 5 sts around heel section, ch 2, work bead in, ch 2, sc in 4 or 5 sts, join. Break off and tidy all ends.

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2009

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

post-4896-135897444965_thumb.jpg

That is soooo adoralble Darski!!! I'm making a bunch of your clothes for Dora for my 3 yo niece this Christmas. That one is definitely going in her wardrobe!! My daughter will probably want an outfit too. Thanks so much for sharing all of your wonderful patterns with us!!! :clap

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...

Archived