monchichi_bright

The Snowing has come to a halt------SWAP COMPLETE

And I can't even stalk the mailman because we're at my MIL's in Canberra! :)

I'm just finishing up a few bits and pieces here and will recheck my survey on Sunday when I get home and hopefully have everything blocked and ready to go by Monday afternoon or Tuesday (praying for a fast postal wind for my package :lol). I'm pushing my deadlines :lol, but I got my design package off to the UK on Wednesday before we went away *whew!*.

Would your niece(s) be interested in a pen friend? Portia is quite keen on that idea and as I've been preparing the package I thought maybe they would be a good fit...:think

Warm Regards

:mdustWanda:mdust

Dear Wanda,

Congrats on getting the design package off! And, you have plenty of time to finish this swap. Heck with your fairy powers you can poof the package here next month and still make the deadline!

Reminds me of a limerick my Mom used to recite...

There was a young lady named Bright,

who traveled much faster than light,

She started one day, in a relative way

and returned on the previous night.

I wish I knew who to credit that to.... it kind of reminds me of Ogden Nash. ???

I'll bet Claire would love a pen friend. I'll ask her in the morning.

:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire regards,

:mdust:mdust:mdust Cosmo :mdust:mdust:mdust

Edited by missmaxx

Thanks all for the comments on the wedding pics, I promised craftylady that I would post them so I could share...they should be coming back in a day or 2 from thier honeymoon, They wouldnt tell anyone where they were going but check in once a day to a parent so that we know they are okay...

good morning fellow swappers, today is October 16th, that gives us 1 week till mailing deadline. Lets try to wrap these snowstorms up and get an avalanche on the move in the mail...Please remember to send me a copy of the emails with the dc# in it so I can update our list :hook:hug

Dear Wanda,

Congrats on getting the design package off! And, you have plenty of time to finish this swap. Heck with your fairy powers you can poof the package here next month and still make the deadline!

Reminds me of a limerick my Mom used to recite...

There was a young lady named Bright,

who traveled much faster than light,

She started one day, in a relative way

and returned on the previous night.

I wish I knew who to credit that to.... it kind of reminds me of Ogden Nash. ???

I'll bet Claire would love a pen friend. I'll ask her in the morning.

:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire regards,

:mdust:mdust:mdust Cosmo :mdust:mdust:mdust

:rofl

I needed that limerick, we are playing a family game of Monopoly and I am mortgaged to the hilt :lol ...

Off I go to pay more people!

Edited by marikamum
wonky typing

happy old cro i made it to the post office today. flakes are on their way. now i am off to become a parentsicle at the band show.

My partner Kristy sent a lovely package that covered at least two holidays. There's a Halloween bear, a nifty Tootsie Roll pencil, and Asian Plum tea. Then she crocheted a bag and filled it with peppermints. And my favorite after the flakes -- she also crocheted an adorable turtle.

Here is a group picture:

post-27979-135897463171_thumb.jpg

And individual flakes:

post-27979-135897463199_thumb.jpg

This flake is actually a magnet and was apparently too shy to sit for the group picture:

post-27979-135897463202_thumb.jpg

Thanks again, Kristy!

post-27979-135897463189_thumb.jpg

post-27979-135897463196_thumb.jpg

Wowza, Cosmo!

You must have given that package extra fairy dust, because it arrived on my doorstep today! And super timing, too, because I stepped over it on my way to mail YOUR package :rofl... so, I got my wish not to see your gifties before sending off my own :)...

A zillion thanks for the lovely package :manyheart... I am sure the kids will love their stuff (I am too impatient to wait for them to get home :lol). The fudge didn't do too badly - that would be super yummy homemade peanut butter chocolate fudge for you home viewers :yes - it is a bit soft, but still yummo!

The flakes are beautiful and definitely ones I would be less inclined to do myself (oh, the blocking! :eek). My favourite is definitely the beaded one (pics of that definitely do not compare to the real thing, folks, sorry!) I absolutely LOVE the scarf (I think I'll be wearing it to work tomorrow :c9) - feel free to tinker with my patterns ANYTIME!

Without further ado, here are the pics!

post-18135-135897463635_thumb.jpg

post-18135-13589746364_thumb.jpg

post-18135-135897463643_thumb.jpg

post-18135-135897463646_thumb.jpg

post-18135-135897463649_thumb.jpg

post-18135-135897463652_thumb.jpg

My partner Kristy sent a lovely package that covered at least two holidays. There's a Halloween bear, a nifty Tootsie Roll pencil, and Asian Plum tea. Then she crocheted a bag and filled it with peppermints. And my favorite after the flakes -- she also crocheted an adorable turtle.

Here is a group picture:

[ATTACH]10367[/ATTACH]

And individual flakes:

[ATTACH]10369[/ATTACH][ATTACH]10370[/ATTACH][ATTACH]10371[/ATTACH]

This flake is actually a magnet and was apparently too shy to sit for the group picture:

[ATTACH]10372[/ATTACH]

Thanks again, Kristy!

Glad they all made it to you safe and that you enjoy them! I had fun putting this one together and the snowflake blocking and stiffening was a whole new kinda of thing for me.. I am sure I'll be making more now that I have a hold on it lol..

Warmest thoughts

Kristy:crocheting

Thanks again, Kristy!

Very nice flakes! I especially like the turtle.

Dearest Wanda,

I'm so glad you like your flakes. I tried to make ones I thought you might not have - not easy, seeing just how many patterns we have in common!

The beaded one was a Patricia Kristofferson one from a book I have. The beads are Swarovski crystals. I liked the sparkle! I tried a different technique to stiffen that one by "painting" the glue mix on with a brush. It helped keep the glue off the bead.

The scarf is your snowflake pattern (Crystal Lace) with a simple border. I hope it's the right length. I just loved your pattern and it really lent itself to being connected.

The fudge is an old family recipe. It usually travels well- but this time I may have rushed the packing. It may have been better if I'd waited a while longer before I mailed it.

I think the postal service deserves a round of applause for the record delivery! It left here Wed afternoon and arrived in Austrailia on (my) Tuesday evening!

Now I'll have to see how they do in the other direction.

warmest regards,

Cosmo

I finally have a few minutes with computer and camera to post pictures and a huge thank you to my partner HappyOLDcRO.

Included were treats for the fur babies, tea which my daughter and i love and a chocolate treat. then a great pattern book with yarn and hooks to make many of the items in it. Then toys for the kitties that have found their way to the basement sothe demon dog does not eat them, a great tote bag, some mini ornaments including three tiny glass ornamnets a cd case that hid the reason for the swap...snowflakes in the colors of my tree decorations royal blue and white. thank you for making this swap fun.

post-9809-135897463682_thumb.jpg

post-9809-135897463685_thumb.jpg

post-9809-135897463688_thumb.jpg

post-9809-13589746369_thumb.jpg

Briana your flakes are on their way. I hope they don't melt before they get there.:wlol I popped the dc # in an email to you. I hope they get there by friday.

Thanks Tammy - will be stalking the mailman. Your flakes are in the post office today also and DC was sent to you via email. Can't wait for you to get your package - then I can explain some of the stuff. He he he he he he he he he.

sorry I haven't been around. My sinus problem took a turn for the worse. the doctor gave me an injection that I had a very bad reaction to. at any rate, I have my snowflakes done and I will be sending them off later today. So sorry I have really been out of the loop later.

sorry I haven't been around. My sinus problem took a turn for the worse. the doctor gave me an injection that I had a very bad reaction to. at any rate, I have my snowflakes done and I will be sending them off later today. So sorry I have really been out of the loop later.

Sorry to hear about the bad reaction to the shot. Hope you get to feeling better very soon. :hug

And now the kids have opened their parts of the package, there was a lovely beading kit in a beautiful round crocheted drawstring bag (I loved the red and gold :') - quite stunning!) Portia and her friend Julia got right to making bracelets as soon as she opened that, so it was a definite hit.

The cars card games and colouring book were a hit with Stephen as well - he insisted on taking the colouring book to bed with him the night he opened it and John has already been pressed into service for a rousing round of Go Fish :lol...

And I am trying hard to limit myself to one small piece of fudge per day, as I am trying to be good with my diet :lol. The scarf garnered compliments yesterday at work, too...

THanks again :)

:manyheart

Wanda

Dearest Wanda,

I'm so glad you like your flakes. I tried to make ones I thought you might not have - not easy, seeing just how many patterns we have in common!

The beaded one was a Patricia Kristofferson one from a book I have. The beads are Swarovski crystals. I liked the sparkle! I tried a different technique to stiffen that one by "painting" the glue mix on with a brush. It helped keep the glue off the bead.

The scarf is your snowflake pattern (Crystal Lace) with a simple border. I hope it's the right length. I just loved your pattern and it really lent itself to being connected.

The fudge is an old family recipe. It usually travels well- but this time I may have rushed the packing. It may have been better if I'd waited a while longer before I mailed it.

I think the postal service deserves a round of applause for the record delivery! It left here Wed afternoon and arrived in Austrailia on (my) Tuesday evening!

Now I'll have to see how they do in the other direction.

warmest regards,

Cosmo

I went down to the mailbox today hoping the my snowflakes were there. They weren't! :emptymail I was so sad, but then as I got back to the house, there was my package propped up by the garage. :yay Color my very, very happy. Thank you soooooo much Jempast. The snowflakes with the gold are awesome. I love the other ornaments and the scarf, too. Thank you. Thank you.

post-9295-135897464023_thumb.jpg

Hello fellow hookers and swappers....I hope that everyone is nice and toasty with the snowstorms that have started covering the whole earth, We will have to be careful not to create another Ice age....I hope everyone is having fun and everyone has done such wonderful work...Just a reminder, OCTOBER 23, IS Mailing deadline.....If you have mailed or recieved and dont see a listing in the first post of this thread, plz send me a private message.....we only have a few more to get sent out and we can wrap this up.....with scarves and some hot cocoa...lol

Edited by monchichi_bright

I went down to the mailbox today hoping the my snowflakes were there. They weren't! :emptymail I was so sad, but then as I got back to the house, there was my package propped up by the garage. :yay Color my very, very happy. Thank you soooooo much Jempast. The snowflakes with the gold are awesome. I love the other ornaments and the scarf, too. Thank you. Thank you.

Very nice package!