French Country Garden Square

Startigerlily

I have 2/35 squares made for the French Country Garden Afghan. The pattern is from Crochet Fantasy magazine number 157 (October 2001). I think it's a very pretty square and should look lovely whenever I get around to finishing the afghan. Picture is on my craft blog (link below).

I originally bought the yarn for an afghan I'm trying to recreate from one that my cousin's grandmother made. I studied the afghan and wrote down the pattern from what I learned. Unfortunately I lost the directions somewhere between Hobby Lobby and home. Guess I'll have to visit my cousin again and repeat this process. Hopefully without losing the directions this time! :blush

It's beautiful, Belinda! I look forward to seeing your afghan when it's finished!

Best wishes in finding those lost instructions or getting the chance to study the ghan again.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Belinda-

Your take on this square is beautiful.

I have searched to no avail for this magazine, just for this pattern. Can you please tell me the name of the author of the pattern? Maybe this would be a step in the right direction to find and purchase the pattern. :)

Thank you all for the great comments. :) I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't made any more squares since I posted. Right now I'm alternately working on a crocheted spiderweb shawl and a knit coat.

That's a great tip Rose Red, I may have to give that a try. I just figured that it would kind of stretch out when I go to sew the squares together.

Reni, the afghan was designed by Susan A. Stevens. Hope this helps!

Archived