Wash before giving?

I always wash and block unless it's a toy or a clock or something ackward like that. The reason being is that just from my handing it through the process, I've got my "oils" on it. Not to mention the aforementioned cat hair and every day dust and what not floating around. Especially if it's a wearable or an afghan. If it's a doily, there has to be some kind of blocking with doilies...even if it's just wetting them down and finger blocking them a little.

I usually have a label I sew on and I always enclose washing instructions if the yarn is anything but 100% machine washable and dryable.

But stuffed animals and odd creations like a kitty clock that I made for a friend, those would be hard to wash, so those I just wrap up and give...haven't had a problem with anyone coming back complaining of allergies or whatnot.

I made my Dad a lapghan for the back of his recliner. Of course, here in Florida it's still too hot to use it. I finished it at his house. He won't wash it. The little furball loves to lay on it because it smells like me.

Archived