My Baby crochets! (2px)

Momcrochets

My 5yo DD informed me this weekend, that she wanted to learn "crochet" again. We had worked together on crocheting earlier this summer...then, I held the yarn and the chain, and probably did half the manipulation. Now, she's maneuvering the whole mess by herself. It may be a rather unorthodox hand position, but for a 5yo, I think she's doing rather well. ;)

post-7396-135897444248_thumb.jpg

She's already made herself some jewelry, as you can see in this next picture of her wearing her necklace and bracelet. (I did have to "connect" them) She even made a necklace for her kindergarten teacher (who wore it yesterday on the first day of school--all day)

post-7396-135897444254_thumb.jpg

How sweet!! You can see the serious contemplation on her face and in her eyes in the first picture. And such joy in displaying her masterpieces. Bravo mom, you have lit a spark she will always remember...

Yay you, 'DDcrochets'!!! Nice work! :cheer

What a precious keepsake of a photo, Momcrochets! -It tells such a loving story.

Here's to the never-ending chain...'Momcrochets' to 'DDcrochets', and all links before and after...

sooo cute!. Im getting ready to tech my 8 yr old.. I"m hoping it keeps her hands busy so she wont be pulling anymore hair. even if its just chins for a while. she can make her Sisters some jewlery.

Laura...so she's figured out that part already has she ;) yes, I remember that part! oy!

It is such a thrill to see her learn and want to learn this particular art! I'm sure we'll come up with lots of ways to use chains. :)

Thank you everyone. I sure do hope she continues...but even if she doesn't, I have the memories :D:manyheart

I'm afraid I had tears to spring up with that first precious picture! Mom, you simply must get that enlarged and framed. She is so serious, so down-to-business, so intent. What a beautiful memory you will have of this priceless moment. Please offer her my congratulations on her lovely jewelry. Well done!

Archived