wreath ornaments

contrary.crocheter

My daughter and I are getting ready for a craft bazaar so I am making these wreaths. My mom made me a set of these when I first got married (22 years ago) and they still look good! She has made them in all sizes. You just chain as long as you like, I usually do about 40, then do 3 stitches into each chain (which forms a curl). Which stitch you choose just depends on how thick you would like your wreath to be. For these I did sc, but I have also done dc and tc in the past. When finished, just wrap your curl around floral wire or pipe cleaner or even the plastic or metal rings work. You can do this tightly or loosely depending on the look you want. Put a little hot glue on the ends to connect, then decorate

My favorite is one my mom made years ago when she used macramae cord, a huge hook and large red wooden beads for the holly berries. You can decorate your wreath with whatever you have, pom poms, sequins, beads, ribbon etc.

These are quick and easy…great for kids to make and so perfect for a bazaar! they also make a nice bow for a present and then can be used as an ornament. I usually put a loop of that clear fishing line on there for the hanger

wreath.jpg?t=1251901083

oh.......... those are too cute!

thanks for sharing! :hook

I may make those for Teachers this year... hmmm?

Good luck at the bazaar!!!

:heart

:mug

thanks ladies! I am thinking I will use these as bows on some of my presents this year too!

I was just thinking that!!! So cute and can't wait to make some. THANKS.

and love your corgi pic too (at least I think that's a corgi). I want one of those doggies!! :D

• 4 weeks later...

These are so cute and could be used in so many ways.

You know, it's getting to the point that when I see a thread you have started I should just move along, nothing to see. :rofl

I am supposed to be working on Christmas gifts and I got side-tracked with your potholders and now these. :help Maybe next year.

TFS!!!!

• 1 year later...

hey...just saw these little wreaths while searching for a pattern...cute! I was thinking, hey...I can MAKE time! yikes, I may have to make a cutoff for looking at crochetville until after Christmas. so many wonderful ideas and time is running out! need to start a folder for next year!

Archived