Anyone else as busy as I am making things?

heavenlypurple1

I'm making a Prairie Star afghan for my parents and I'm doing 2 name filet doily's. Those might take me up to Christmas since I've never done filet before. I'm slowly getting it :D

Once again, I'm crocheting gifts for Christmas. In the past I've crocheted tissue box covers, kitchen hanging towels, flower pins, scarves/hats, ornaments, candles, pot holders, etc. This year I'm crocheting everyone slippers. I also make a photo calendar for my son and his family; it's become a family tradition.

Yes, I am making my Christmas presents this year. I have a pretty good start. I need to finish a hooded scarf and make another hooded scarf. I am also in the process of making caps for my church's clothes closet. Am also making some scarves in case some women may not want to mash down their hair wearing a cap. Plus I need to make a round ripple afghan for a wedding which will be January 9th. Wait a minute, someone in this post just mentioned only 3 more months. Yeeeee Gads, I have got to get busy. I need to cut back my visits to Crochetville and crochet instead. Not, I will think of something else to do. Maybe not clean house. After all it's just my husband and I living here.

I have a lot of things planned. I don't have a lot going right now, but will be soon.

I have a doily going right now. That will probably end up a gift, they mostly always do.

I have a plan for an afghan for my friend for Christmas (she always gets one).

I make a lot of my Christmas gifts.

I'm still trying to finish a round tablecloth I started last year. I have one throw to crochet by September 22 (not started) Two afghans I promised last October (not started) Butterflies, for the museum (you guessed it) I want to crochet Christmas stockings and tree skirt, bookmarkers for the library. (there is also the zoot suit I've cut out and the two dresses and a blouse I haven't cut out) Looking back on this paragraph, I REALLY NEED A KEEPER. My son asked me if I enjoy doing crochet. I said of course. Love it. His comment was "I was curious because you keep saying I HAVE TO. So I told him it's not that I HAVE TO, it's because I WANT TO GET STARTED

I did that last year, and it totally burned me out. Right now I'm crocheting all the time for our coming baby girl, and I'm thinking about making a few hats for my darling's coming birthday. Still busy but don't see it happening for Christmas! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

I did that last year, and it totally burned me out. Right now I'm crocheting all the time for our coming baby girl, and I'm thinking about making a few hats for my darling's coming birthday. Still busy but don't see it happening for Christmas! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

That's why I start early (a few afghans done, some doilies done, bunch of snowflakes done) and just give what I can. I've gotten burned out many times (and then work on another craft for about 2 weeks after Christmas). If I have to I will buy something. Or choose an quick projects (like over a weekend).

Debbi

I'm also making Christmas gifts this year. I have one scarf done for my cousin and have a scarf in progress for her husband ( my first attempt at Tunisian and i LOVE it!) I have afghans in progress for my sister in law and my fiance's grandfather. And I have a filet wall hanging 3/4 of the way done for my fiance's mother but I lost my pattern and have to buy computer ink to print it again. I have to make one more afghan before Christmas and I have told my mom and brother they have to wait for their gifts (an afghan and a wall haging) until after Christmas. PLUS, I have an extremely difficult afghan requested to be made and delievered before the 4th of July.

:tired I'm worn out LOL!!!!! :tired

Archived