アリスです。どうぞよろしく!I'm Alyse. Nice to meet you!)

Alyse

Hello there. My name is Alyse. I've been crocheting for a whole month now. I'm working on an afghan with the shape of a pixellized Captain Olimar on it. The "pixels" are just 6" granny squares I'm making. It's going to be a bit big though. :P Captain Olimar is from the video game Pikmin. My fiance loves that game so this is going to be for him. I have no clue what we're going to do with it. There's no way I'll let this tacky thing be a decoration in my house... well, maybe the guest bedroom. ;)

I'm also working on making a few catnip toys from the Mouse Amigurumi pattern that is posted on here. That's how I found out about these forums.

So far, I've just made lopsided ovals. No mice yet. The cats don't care though. ;) They play with them just the same.

I'll get the hang of Amigurumi soon. I love all the adorable things you can make with it.

I speak a little Japanese, and I'm still studying the language. If anyone that uses these forums speaks Japanese, feel free to PM me and we can chat in Japanese to help me out. ありがとう! (Thanks)

Well, that's it for my introduction I guess.:manyheart

The computer I'm on (my work compy) doesn't have kana support, so I'll post the Japanese bits in romaji. ^^;

Youkoso e KUROSHEBIRU! Yoroshiku ne, ARISU-san! Atashi mo atarashii MENBAA dayo. ARISU-san no tomodachi ni naru yo. :3

Translation:

Welcome to Crochetville! Nice to meet you, Alyse! I'm also a new member. I'd like to be your friend. :3

Lol. I've been learning Japanese for nearly ten years now. It's a fun language, but it's difficult if English is your primary language. I'm also a fan of amigurumi, and like you, the free patterns posted here are what drew me to the site in the first place. Good luck on your afghan project! I hope your hubby loves it! ^_~

:hi and welcome from PA

So nice to meet you, and I hope you find your adventures here to be pleasant ones.

Japanese Amigurumi and patterns have become very popular here in the US. So I am sure you will find and make many friends.

hi alice-san! i've been living in japan for abt a year now.. but im still a beginner in the language.. i cant wait to learn properly and read japanese crochet books.. they have beautiful designs :)

welcome to the forum!

:hi and :welcome from South Texas! My DH LOVES Pikmin! He plays it quite often, and he's been wanting to order Pikmin 2, so I've been watching Ebay for a reasonably priced copy. Capt. Olimar is just adorable, as are the little Pikmin guys, I can't wait to see your project when you're done!

Archived