Knit Your Bit WWII Museum FYI

ratdog

I got this yesterday, too!

Not wild about the crochet pattern. I tried the chevron knit pattern, but the increases look horrible. I'm tempted to try to make my own crochet chevron pattern that's more like the knit pattern (one point).

They have a group on Ravelry, too...

http://www.ravelry.com/groups/knit-your-bit

I have 10 scarves done for this project from one of the crafting groups I'm with and I just did a simple double crochet for the scarves. The patterns they give don't have to be used. They are there for ideas. I'm sure these guys/gals will love whatever style is sent their way.

This is my third year making these scarves, is'nt it great feeling to make them:cheer. Thanks for the letting us know about 2009 Pattern. Am going to try both knit and crochet.

There are also links to previous year's patterns.

I like the "V" for Victory scarf pattern.

I've decided to just go with the "V" pattern. As I'm using stash yarn for this, instead of one solid color, I'm going to have blocks of color about the length of the "V" in the beginning. I'm alternating Lamb's Pride Worsted in Deep Pine and Aran.

Is anyone else finding that the "V" section of the scarf is narrower than the rest of the scarf? Not sure how I'm going to correct for this, as I really don't want to frog the whole thing...:think

Is anyone else finding that the "V" section of the scarf is narrower than the rest of the scarf? Not sure how I'm going to correct for this, as I really don't want to frog the whole thing...:think

Is it the knit or crochet version? Isn't it the same number of sts in each row? Maybe the design is pulling it tighter in that area. :think Would blocking help?

Is it the knit or crochet version? Isn't it the same number of sts in each row? Maybe the design is pulling it tighter in that area. :think Would blocking help?

It's the crochet version. I could try blocking it, as I'm using wool.

I am knitting the 2009 pattern after a couple of undoings it seems to be coming out OK I practiced different MI 's Yhe crochet does not look right I have tried to make my own pattern to have one "V" but can't seem to do it, I have looked everywhere on line to get a pattern anyone found one or have one willing to share? :cheer

I've been waiting for this too! I saved some yarn from my stash just for this! We're a military family, and we lost my grandfather this past fall. I knew he had served in WWII, but he never spoke of it. I found out more about him after his death than I ever knew while he was alive.

I recently had the opportunity to meet a WWII veteran at the USO where I volunteer. It was so cool!!!! He still had his ID card from when he served. He was 92, and one of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet! Truly one of the "greatest generation"!

we lost my grandfather this past fall. I knew he had served in WWII, but he never spoke of it. I found out more about him after his death than I ever knew while he was alive.

My father was a WWII vet, and the same way. It wasn't until after we died that we found a medal he had received from the government of France for defusing 9 bombs that had landed on an airstrip. And he wasn't in the demolition unit, but a truck driver.

These gents just did their duty, and then continued their lives. A great lesson in personal courage and modesty for all of us.

Patty

I just finished the knitted one and did the Kitchener weave, it looks bad I have a wide part where I weaved. I think I'm going back to the V Pattern anyone else have this problem :clap

• 4 weeks later...

Archived