How many Crochet hooks do you OWN?

Jempast

I have never really counted them but at a guess I would say at least 50. Most of the hooks I have now were my Grandmothers and Mothers so they are all very dear to me. When I first started crocheting my Mom bought me my own set to use on the road, and then entrusted me with my Grandmothers, my Mom recently passed away so now I also have hers

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I probably have about 30 hooks. Many of them are duplicates. However, when I teach someone to crochet (and I've taught several), I always give them a skein of yarn and the hook that I taught them with. As a result, I had a lot of difficulty finding an H hook to start a project the other day. Since I'm on a yarn fast, perhaps I could just restock on hooks???

I probably have about 30 hooks. Many of them are duplicates. However, when I teach someone to crochet (and I've taught several), I always give them a skein of yarn and the hook that I taught them with. As a result, I had a lot of difficulty finding an H hook to start a project the other day. Since I'm on a yarn fast, perhaps I could just restock on hooks???

Sounds like a plan ;)

never counted ... I keep some upstairs in every size and I keep a set downstairs ... and a few in my basement cedar closet LOL just in case I misplace the ones I keep upstairs ... And I keep a few in my car for my travels :)

I have ... never enough! I have hook lust! My current favorites are the Hero hooks and I haunt ebay for them. Then I want the Turn of the Century hooks and the cool Japanese hooks with the double ends and the padded center.

I have probably 40 hooks, but must have more. Maybe it is a medical condition> obsessive compulsive hook disorder?

:hug

• 3 weeks later...

Without counting, I have probably between 50-60 hooks in all shapes, handles and sizes including the hand carved woods ones DH bought me last Christmas. My favorite yarn hook is a Clover G hook and thread hook is a steel size 11.;)

• 2 weeks later...

I have around 50 hooks... i try to collect them from places and what not incase i meet someone who wants to learn to crochet.... with todays economy.. i dont mind giving a hook or two to someone... even though they dont cost much... saving every penny counts!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I have 4 hook cases full, with about 2 hooks per slot. One for my precious steel hooks, case made from CD holder with felt piece to keep hooks from rubbing against each other. I think there are around 20 in there. One homemade crochet case with my large aluminum hooks. Maybe 12 there. One store bought case with aluminum and Rose hooks, about 15 in that one. Oh and a rolled case with my wood, double, lace making hairpin loom, knitting and afghan hooks. Maybe 7 true hooks in that one. Around 55 give or take a few. Every size there is, and most of the steel ones are antique or vintage...

• 4 weeks later...

hooks lots . 25 to 30 but only use one now .for christmas a few years ago my son got me a set with a plastic handle an i can change my hook I LOVE IT im a lefty an i can put it the way i like it an it dont cramp my hands

I'm not really sure, but at least 50. I've been crocheting for a long time and have Boye, Bates, wooden, bamboo, plastic, acrylic, some with soft handles, and even a ivory one I found in an antique shop. I love love love my hooks. :hook

A 1, 4, and 10 in the teeny hooks, then a B, E, two Gs, H, I, J, K, P, S, and a long I for Tunisian. So I guess that makes 14. :)

I have appx. 125, alot are of the same sizes but I have all sizes. 75 are steel and aluminum. 50 are wood mostly Graydog.

• 2 months later...

Archived