How many Crochet hooks do you OWN?

Jempast

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would take forever for me to even think about counting them. I have one of every single size from 00 - n. I also have 2, 3 or 4 of many of the them. Then I have all of my Knitting needles. I have at least one of every single size in those. LOL. I also have up to 4 of several of the sizes. *sigh* It's crazy to have that many hooks. LOL. And, that's not even getting into things I have like stitch holders. :)

I think around 30 which does sound like a lot but it really isn't because if you stop and think that in a set from a steel 14 to a yarn S that is 33 hooks by itself. That isn't counting having doubles of favorites or trying different brands, or even getting a special steel 15 or 16 that one can occasionally find. I would some day will have a full matching set of something I like and extra's I love but right now I have a bunch of stuff I like and a few I don't.

I have 49 hooks; I 'm quite sure I have a few more sitting in a stashed UFO someplace. My steel hooks range from size 12 to 1. I use my steel A-line hooks more often than the Inline when working with thread. But I like my Inline better for yarn. I rarely use the acrylic hooks. G & H are my favorite sizes. :hook

Too many to count. Often I'll go somewhere and wish I had a small project with me to work on so off I'll go to the store and pick up a hook and a small thing of cotton yarn to make a dishcloth with! The hook size doesn't matter so I'll just get what size I THINK I have the least of lol!

If I could find them all, I'd tell you - I have way too many projects started that I leave the hook in the bag with the project, start a new project, can't find the hook I want, go buy another hook, etc. etc.

I have every size there is (I think) from size 16 steel - 00 steel (some duplicates in these), A - N aluminum (many duplicates of different styles, manufacturers) some with handles that were on them when I bought them and some with handles I added. Duplicates of various materials - aluminum, plastic, bone, bamboo :hook

I have (at least) duplicates of every hook, except for the S hook - that's easy to find.

I would estimate in excess of 60 hooks.

ok I'm not that bad, I think I only have 10 :D(half my stuff is still in another state so don't remember what all is in there, wasn't able to move it all at time I moved)

Total I only have about 15. I try to keep them all together - kind of anal about losing things.

I do have duplicates of sizes I use the most and also have hooks in the same bag as unfinished projects so I remember what size I am using.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have as many as some on this board but i found a set of three bamboo hooks in a prettly little pouch in the SERRV fair trade catalog.

These may go on my Christmas list. (has anyone ever heard of giving someone a gift on Halloween? Can I start a new tradition?)

i have about 8... 3 of them are the same size lol.. I am pitful lol i want more but can't aford any rite now.. I plan on going thru and getting at lease 1 of each. but im like crochet dad.. if i can't find my hook i go buy a new one.. the reason i have 3 of the same size

I have over 50. Maybe as many as 60, but I didn't go digging through the WIP's to see how many were stashed with a project. I think it's a good idea to have duplicates for each size, though--they are so easy to lose. I only use it for felted projects, but I have only one Boye size K, and I wish very much I had another. I know I've bought no less than 3 Tulip 1mm hooks, but right now I can only find one. That's why I need duplicates...

Archived