Jempast

How many Crochet hooks do you OWN?

I was just sitting here thinking about how many hooks do I own. I wondered about everyone else on the ville how many hooks do you own?

I have around 30 hooks (if not more) :blush

Right around 25-30, that's pretty crazy. I have most of the sizes, and doubles of many.

25-30 also and I want to order the entire set of the Bates Bamboo handle hooks. I have 3 and LOVE them!

43 I just counted them

It would take forever for me to even think about counting them. I have one of every single size from 00 - n. I also have 2, 3 or 4 of many of the them. Then I have all of my Knitting needles. I have at least one of every single size in those. LOL. I also have up to 4 of several of the sizes. *sigh* It's crazy to have that many hooks. LOL. And, that's not even getting into things I have like stitch holders. :)

I think around 30 which does sound like a lot but it really isn't because if you stop and think that in a set from a steel 14 to a yarn S that is 33 hooks by itself. That isn't counting having doubles of favorites or trying different brands, or even getting a special steel 15 or 16 that one can occasionally find. I would some day will have a full matching set of something I like and extra's I love but right now I have a bunch of stuff I like and a few I don't.

I have 49 hooks; I 'm quite sure I have a few more sitting in a stashed UFO someplace. My steel hooks range from size 12 to 1. I use my steel A-line hooks more often than the Inline when working with thread. But I like my Inline better for yarn. I rarely use the acrylic hooks. G & H are my favorite sizes. :hook

Too many to count. Often I'll go somewhere and wish I had a small project with me to work on so off I'll go to the store and pick up a hook and a small thing of cotton yarn to make a dishcloth with! The hook size doesn't matter so I'll just get what size I THINK I have the least of lol!

If I could find them all, I'd tell you - I have way too many projects started that I leave the hook in the bag with the project, start a new project, can't find the hook I want, go buy another hook, etc. etc.

I have every size there is (I think) from size 16 steel - 00 steel (some duplicates in these), A - N aluminum (many duplicates of different styles, manufacturers) some with handles that were on them when I bought them and some with handles I added. Duplicates of various materials - aluminum, plastic, bone, bamboo :hook

I have (at least) duplicates of every hook, except for the S hook - that's easy to find.

I would estimate in excess of 60 hooks.

ok I'm not that bad, I think I only have 10 :D(half my stuff is still in another state so don't remember what all is in there, wasn't able to move it all at time I moved)

I detailed all of mine on my Ravelry page, but if I go back and total them up again, I'll give myself a migraine.

Suffice it to say I have enough for 12 people...

I have abut 50 hooks all sizes and doubles and triples of many of them, and always looking for more. You can never have to many like yarn you can never have to much.:hook

Oh man! If I have to guess I'd say like 35-40, at least! LOL

Total I only have about 15. I try to keep them all together - kind of anal about losing things.

I do have duplicates of sizes I use the most and also have hooks in the same bag as unfinished projects so I remember what size I am using.

My problem is that I hear about a new type (ex. the Susan Bates bamboo-handled ones) and I just HAVE to have some!

I don't have as many as some on this board but i found a set of three bamboo hooks in a prettly little pouch in the SERRV fair trade catalog.

These may go on my Christmas list. (has anyone ever heard of giving someone a gift on Halloween? Can I start a new tradition?)

i have about 8... 3 of them are the same size lol.. I am pitful lol i want more but can't aford any rite now.. I plan on going thru and getting at lease 1 of each. but im like crochet dad.. if i can't find my hook i go buy a new one.. the reason i have 3 of the same size

I'd say I have around 30. That includes my crowhooking ones.(hook on both ends)

between 15-20,and I gave about 5 away,somehow they just keep mutiplying

Oooops...... 71, just counted them - a lot are antique ones that NEEDED rescuing..... :cat

I have at least 50 or more I also have inherited my mothers hooks too she crochet for over 60+ years. I also have donated a few to a cousin who just learned.

I have over 50. Maybe as many as 60, but I didn't go digging through the WIP's to see how many were stashed with a project. I think it's a good idea to have duplicates for each size, though--they are so easy to lose. I only use it for felted projects, but I have only one Boye size K, and I wish very much I had another. I know I've bought no less than 3 Tulip 1mm hooks, but right now I can only find one. That's why I need duplicates...