International Crochet Day III coming Sept. 12!!

jimbo

Year three and its growing!! Maybe Hallmark hasn't yet published an International Crochet Day (ICD) greeting card, and maybe your boss isn't yet giving you the day off to promote Crochet, but hay, you could ask. And the Holiday's gaining popularity! Just "Google" International Crochet Day and see the hits!!

The gentle art of Crochet well deserves a day all by itself, don't you think? And if we all blog about it and get public in a positive way about crochet, well what could it hurt??

What are YOU planning to do to highlight Crochet on Sept. 12??

Have to say I always remember when International Crochet Day is cos its my birthday. The first one was on my 50th! so what age does that me me this year? I'll be down in the Curragh of Kildare that day for the horse racing where I will get LOTS of crochet done!

Yay!!!!:yay

Grab your yarn and hook away

It's International Crochet Day.

Afghans, doilies, hats and more,

Wear them, show them, cover the floor.

Black and White, Red and Blue,

Orange, Purple and Turquoise too.

Every color and every shade,

Every piece you've ever made.

Break out the WIPs and brandish your hooks,

Don't forget those pattern books.

It's International Crochet Day

Hookers unite, it's time to play!!!

Thanks for the reminder. I am going to post this in my window (along with a crocheted creation), and anyone who wants can use the poem. I will also send out some note cards with this poem in it and a small ornament or applique.

Thanks for the reminder. I am going to post this in my window (along with a crocheted creation), and anyone who wants can use the poem. I will also send out some note cards with this poem in it and a small ornament or applique.

wow! what a poem...that is amazing woman!! I love it!

thanks Jimbo for the reminder...I am going to have to give to give some thought on how to celebrate!

Happy International Crochet Day to all of my :crocheting friends here on the ville!!! I crocheted in public for the first time yesterday- I was visiting one of my DD's with another one and we went to a cafe. I took out the ole :hook and:yarn and sat and crocheted. I even got to show her roomie some crochet stitches. Very liberating and fun!

Happy ICD everyone. I am hoping to help teach a bunch of boyscouts how to crochet today. I hope my back is up to this. Thank goodness it is my friends troop and she will be there in case I can't do it. We taught them to knit last year and decided this would be a great way to celibrate this day.

• 9 months later...

This is darling! Did you write it? I never knew there was an Int. Crochet Day. Must make a note on my calendar and put something on my blogs as well. Love the idea of using this cute little poem. How would you like it credited?

Same day every year (this one will be year 3, I think). It'll be on Sept. 12. Coming sooner than we think, eh?

Unlike July 4, International Crochet Day (ICD) will fall on Sept. 12. I suggest we lobby congress for a declaration of a paid holiday on the day preceding or following ICD should it fall on a Saturday or Sunday.

Unlike July 4, International Crochet Day (ICD) will fall on Sept. 12. I suggest we lobby congress for a declaration of a paid holiday on the day preceding or following ICD should it fall on a Saturday or Sunday.

:cheer:clap:cheer:clap :hook:crocheting:hook:crocheting:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

I didn't know there was an International Crochet Day. :yay :yay Well that weekend I will be participating in the Avon Walk, 40 miles in Santa Barbara, CA to end breast cancer. I won't be able to do much crocheting but I will make sure to crochet something for that weekend... :clap:yay:clap

• 1 month later...

NezumiWorld Blog is offering a free PDF file of 2 excellent bookmarks to promote the "Holiday"! I've got mine! I have a rather plain tote bag and think I will sew them on the outside of it, like banners. Joined a local crochet knitting club at the library (more crocheters, than knitters!).:cheer

Teaching my hairdresser how to crochet (we actually are doing the barter system, she cuts my hair, I teach, :hook ) and now her daughter is interested. If you have a skill (crochet!!!!) Pay IT Forward! I take my crochet to work and do it during break times.

http://nezumiworld.blogspot.com/2010/09/international-crochet-day-2010.html

Archived