90 members have voted

1. 1. What to include in a Raok?

• Hook case
    • Kitchen Item
    • Small Pouch
    • Scissor/Needle case
    • Ornament/Applique
    • Other (please define)

While browsing through Raoks, I noted that many of them say, "anything hand made by you".

I wondered what people would like put in with their packages. This would be something added to another item on the list, and not a stand alone project.

1-a hook case

2-a small kitchen item, pot holder, wash cloth, etc..

3-a closable pouch (zipper, buttons, etc...)

4-a scissor or needle holder

5-an ornament or applique

6-other (please explain)

I would like to get any of things you listed. It is fun to get some fun in the mail. It is great to know someone thought you about to make something.

Can I vote for more than one? :lol

I think any of your listed items would make a wonderful ROAK gift. :yes

1-a hook case

2-a small kitchen item, pot holder, wash cloth, etc..

3-a closable pouch (zipper, buttons, etc...)

4-a scissor or needle holder

5-an ornament or applique

I picked kitchen and other. I had the same problem when I asked about hook or scissor case. Hooks and scissors people use come in all sizes, which size do you make? Unless you include the scissors/hooks or know what the person has. I love potholders/hot pads. I've started a little collection of novelty ones. A couple wonderful women on this board have sent me some and I've made a couple. Then other, I've also started a little turtle ami collection (again from women on this board and ones I've made).

But with all that said, I'd be happy with anything. The first RAOK I received (2 fish potholders) gave me goosebumps.

:turtle:vheart

I chose ornaments because that is something you can put on display either at home or on your desk at work to share!

Personally, I like the hook case, kitchen item, ornaments, actually anything on the list, although I have a nice scissors holder and don't really need more.

As far as what to make for someone, it depends on the person. I like to read a bit about them before making something.

I would be happy to receive anything but chose other.

The gifter should decide. People love surprises and the gifter will probably make something they really enjoy crocheting.

A lot of the lists are very detailed so when I see "anything handmade by you" my first thought is they will be excited to receive any item they didn't crochet for themselves. :hook

When it says that I like to include a bookmark or small doily. Some of the other things on your list I have not tried to make yet. Bookmarks and doilies keep me in practice with my thread crochet!!

I would be happy to receive anything but chose other.

The gifter should decide. People love surprises and the gifter will probably make something they really enjoy crocheting.

A lot of the lists are very detailed so when I see "anything handmade by you" my first thought is they will be excited to receive any item they didn't crochet for themselves. :hook

You are right on the money! Most of us don't crochet much if at all for ourselves.

Random Act of Kindness

after you are a member for a while you will received access to areas not readily available to you right now. One of them is a Wishing Well , where you can create a small wish list, and other members have the option of granting them.

There are rules and regulations for all of this.

So stroll through the ville, read the guidelines, and join in on the fun. Meet some of the members, and who knows, you may wind up not only having your own wish list, but becoming a FGM (Fairy God Mother) who can fill someone elses wishes. The feeling you get is beyond imagination. :hug

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I think anything means ANYTHING! It's such an honor to be thought of at all, so it is sure to be appreciated no matter the object. The appreciation of the fruit of your hands, the gratitude for the time and work spent, the love that went into it~you just can't go wrong! I would think that if this would not be desired it would not be listed~right? :)

oh I agree with most of the above, I too would love anything at all, love surprises, so..anotheR thing for the list, maybe a cute crocheted fridgie, or a flower pin, which by the way, I was LUCKY enough to received two once, ;) reallly anything, as that is part of the fun and surprise!

Archived