If you could only own ONE HOOK which one & why?

Jempast

I really like my "I" hook, but I use my "H" on most of my ami patterns and that's what I do the most.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Too hard to pick....A size 5 aluminum (or smaller) for yarn and a 7 steel hook for thread. My Bates 5 hook used to be pale blue, but I have it worn down to silver in areas. I am always using almost all of my hooks, I think anything from J and bigger wouldn't be a loss for me, I just like using smaller hooks and finer fibers.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Clover Soft Touch - I often need I to get gauge, but I like the look of my stitches better using the H.

I've been crocheting for 30 yrs now and I'm finding that the older my eyes get the larger my favorite hook gets :) But I'd have to say I use my Boyle H for most everything.

I heard my son ask his daddy where I was. My husband walked over to my crocheting and said "Well honey, her hook is still warm so she can't be far!"

• 2 weeks later...

I am an 'H'-er. I love my light-up hooks. I honestly forget the name of them off hand, and I do not use the light that often (even forget I have it sometimes), but I love the way the handle feels.

It would be my size H hook, the Susan Bates with the bamboo handle. It's my go-to hook. I just love this one. And I have several in the same size so I can use it whenever I need it.

:manyheart

• 2 months later...

I would not be able to limit to just one. If I could pick two, it would be size N and size H. N for afghans and other projects with worsted weight yarn, and H for cotton and baby yarns. As for type of hook, Boye crohooks (double-ended crochet hooks), both of them. That way I could do the crohook stitches I love for afghans and hot pads, as well as using them for regular crochet stitches. I crochet fairly tight, so the N is the one I use most for afghans. My Mom likes the Susan Bates hooks, but I can't keep the stitches on them - they keep sliding off. I much prefer the Boye hooks.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
my H hook its the one I use for pretty much anything

Hi CrochetLuvKnot

I would have to agree. The size H/5.00 can be used for a different variety of projects.

I actural have to favorites Aluminum susan bates D 3.25 and H 5.00. But if I really had to choice it would have to be H/5.00. For many years I only owned this one because this is the first one my mother ever give me. She did not own many but she had several of size H by different manufractures. Because this is the only one I had for many years I learned how to used it for a variety of items I learned all you have to do is loosen up or tighten up the tension of the yarn.

Archived