Jempast

If you could only own ONE HOOK which one & why?

An H or I Boye alum. because I use one or the other for afghans and if I could only make one thing, that would be it.

Any one of my beautiful hand made wooden hooks my dearest makes for me.

2010-03-31-002.jpg

i use my F hook for everything its the only one that i can use to keep my stiches even anything else just goes wrong

I have all kinds of hooks and I found some steel Bates hooks at Hobby Lobby with the bamboo end that I love to use.I have quite a few sizes but the most used are a G first and H after that.

I use my "G" hook the most. Ami, my fav baby blanket...all G.

G and H ... BUT my fave would be my H from Jimbo!! Love that hook..

I would have to say Lion Brand g hook. I like to make Ami's and still can make blankets, and baby items for charity.

Well if I could have things my way I'd use a susan bates G hook but have never been able to find one so as it is I would have to say my susan bates H hook.

My G Bamboo handle Bates is the one I use constantly

well, tough question, i suppose it might be the h, or the I, and I can't get along for afghans double stranded, without my L hook,so I don't know really, i need them all!! I love the soft touch clover hooks, but can't find the smaller sizes here, nor k or L, waaaa!

Edited by katyallen8090

Clover Soft Touch, but I'm not quite sure which size... Maybe an H if I HAD to only pick one~but I wouldn't be happy about it! LOL! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

My favorite is a 1.65 mm ever since I discovered Patricia Kristofferson (sp) and no 10 thread!!! Then I'd have to say my 1.10mm and size 30 thread when I found some vintage filet crochet patterns through ebay.... but now I'm doing broomstick lace with this giant thingee (50mm) and an H hook. Guess any hook will do for me just show me an interesting project and get outta the way!:cheer

mine is a boye H,its been used so much it has the finish removed in 3 areas.guess its from the not so soft yarns,lol

Boye size I.

I like the end better then Susan Bates. I found that with my guage the I hook works great for worsted weight (my main yarn choice). I actually bought an extra to keep in my purse make up bag so I'd at least have that in there to use... since I try to make all my items with an I hook....

I would have to pick my Turn of the Century size J hook. It was a very special gift. There's no way I could part with it even if it would limit the kind of crochet I can do.

A Clover Soft Touch size D/3MM. Why?? Because I am able to create stiff bags using RHSS and this size hook. I've used a 00 hook, but I end up with very sore wrists when I crochet this tightly without the aid of a handled hook.