If you could only own ONE HOOK which one & why?

Jempast

I would have to say my aluminum Susan Bates I 5.5mm hook. Since I use it the most. What about you?

I have to agree with you 100% I use my SB I(5.5mm) Silverlume hook for practically everything:manyheart

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hands down - My Jimbo Crick Wood H that he made and sent along to me extra with my won hook just after my Mom and Dad passed on - it was so compassionate and I treasure it!

The second place winner are my Papa Don wood G hook - I use it for just soooo many crochet projects and I like the pretty colors of wood it is and the finger friendly grip it has custom carved in it is great!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My first hook was an H Boye in a metallic lavender color. I use it more than any. Even though I have several H hooks- if I can't find that one I usually have a little meltdown. :P

Next to that is my G hook- a Susan bates- belonged to my husband's aunt. I am not sure how old it is, but it is very different than my new SB hooks. I inherited it last year when Aunt Dot passed away. :( She had gone from crochet to cross-stitch many years ago, but she had loved that hook so much she held onto it. I was touched she wanted me to have it.

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, they have them here, even in size 16 or .4:

http://www.7beads.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?page=beads/CTGY/CH1

Happy crocheting and beading!

Best,

Susan

Wow, there they are !!:clap

In the US of course, and shipping to Europe is so expensive :(

(why is it so much more US-Europe than the other way :think )

Thanks for the link though.

Bamboo hooks , I can't say it enough ever since being gifted baboo handle hooks I fell in love with the feel,, then i was gifted by my new crochet friend a bamboo dalngle hook now im in love with bamboo!,, I will still use my alum, when I go places beause i do not want to loose my bamboo's but

three cheers for bamboo

Archived