Finally - Hobby Lobby Opening In Pennsylvania

yarnjeannie

Two Hobby Lobby stores are opening in Pennsylvania. Easton PA - due to open in September 2009 and Chambersburg Pennsylvania due to open in October 2009.

I've never been in a Hobby Lobby, so I will be sure to make a trip there. My husband is a scuba diver and does a lot of weekend diving at Dutch Springs in Bethlehem PA. I asked him how far Easton is - guess what! "Right around the corner" - so sounds like I need to go along on a few of these weekend dive trips.

Wohoooo! I live in Maryland, but grew up in PA. My Mom lives in Allentown which is really close to Easton.....wonder if my Mom will do yarn runs for me?? Or I guess I can plan a stop on my next visit home.

Wish they would open one up in Maryland!

Kris

I heard the one in Easton, Pa. is opening Sept 7th. I will be going there the weekend I come back from vacation. I am just thrilled. My drive will be about 1.5 hour ride, but it will be well worth the trip.

Maybe we can go together. I know that it is in a shopping center with a Wal-Mart, Sams Club and Kohls. I have been waiting all summer for this store to open. I like the I Love This Yarn. My dear friend DebraWay was kind enough to get me yarn from HL when I needed it.

Never heard of those stores. I'm about as far away as Kathy. Some day, don't know when, I would like to get there too to check it out.

I agree that we need a Holly Lobby in Central NJ- I had even written the company-but hey, Easton PA is doable- just need to save some$ so I can buy lots of:yarn to make the trip worthwhile:yes

Ok, I definitely need to go find out where Easton is. I'm in Burlington County NJ. My girlfriend who's working in Oklahoma found one in Kansas and called me right away to tell me about this great craft shop she found and had I ever heard of it. I laughed and said "that's the one everyone on the ville talks about, send me some ILTY so I can try it out. She did and I'm working on a scarf right now with it and I really like it so I definitely need to make this trip.

We definitely need a few in NJ

:clap I'm waiting for the store to open!! It's just a hop, skip, and a jump for me! It used to be a Redner's grocery store but they had closed up and was empty for while (I think they closed due to Wal-Mart adding groceries). It was empty for awhile. When they put up the signs that it was going to be a Hobby Lobby I was excited!! I don't know if I'll go for awhile since hubby is out of work again and money is tight (we are a family of 4). The good news is that hubby has a job interview for a full time permanent job on Monday and the pay is pretty good. Once we get caught up on bills you know where I'll be headed!!:devil

I have wrote and wrote in to Hobby Lobby for our Elizabethtown Ky to get a Hobby Lobby. They would do well as we are close to FT. Knox. I only go to the one in Louisville when we are out that way. its over an hour drive.

I tried I love this yarn last year and yes

I love that yarn:yes:manyheart:yes:clap:yes!

:wooMy DH is going to be horrified. :rofl I live in Altoona and up until now the closest Hobby Lobby has been in Oh. My Mom lives back in Perkasie and Chambersburg is not far out of the way for a stop on the way down or back. Also Easton isn't that far from where she is. :yay

Now if they'd only open one in Altoona.:sigh

• 2 weeks later...

I've been lucky enough to visit Hobby Lobby once...closest one is about fifty miles away in Beckley, WV and opened last year. When I went, I was interested in their beading goods and wasn't into crochet yet (wish I had been then!!)...but I was super-impressed with their bead selection, especially the gemstones (couldn't believe they had Moonstone and Labradorite, among others)!! Would love to go back there, hopefully around or after my birthday, and look at the yarns...particularly the ILTY after all I've read here. :yes

Really wish one would come here to Bluefield... *sighs*

• 3 weeks later...

Just keep them up there in PA :D

I live in MD and make it to Chattanooga twice a year to visit family. Not only are they an extremely addictive place to visit, I never find my visits being cheap.

One thing I will say - I make a point to go when I'm close to one. They have some unique items that aren't available anywhere else. I picked up an Serenity "S" loom (that has yet to see any use). I haven't seen these anywhere else.

I Love Hobby Lobby it is a awsooommmeeeeee store. The employees are so nice and very helpfull. I recommend if you are near a area where a Hobby Lobby is visit the store you will love it. I have to take a hour drive but it is worth it.

Debra From Cary,NC

Archived