Anyonw used Aunt Lydia's Bamboo thread?

breeze530

I bought several skeins to make the Summer Breeze short-sleeved sweater on Purple Kitty. I just made a swatch & it seems to get a little fuzzy right as I'm working with it. It's the same size as a #10 thread.

Anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks

I have made 2 bridal garters with the Aunt Lydia's Bamboo thread. I believe it is a size 10 thread, (maybe 20, my brain won't work now :think).

I found it to be a very soft, very limp thread. It does seem to be a bit "fuzzier" when worked than say a Cebelia or Aunt Lydia's. I would not recommend this for a doily but for something that you wanted to be very soft it would work wonderfully.

TLOL,

Toni

• 3 weeks later...
I just finished making my granddaughter's baptism dress using Aunt Lydia's Bamboo thread. I handwashed it in woolite and it is so very soft and drapes beautifully. She'll be baptized on Sunday so I'll post pictures next week.

Keri,

Congrats on the baptism & the dress! I'm sure your DGD will be just lovely in it. I can't wait for the pics. BTW, I'm about 1/2 thru with the sweater I'm making & I'm really loving the soft drape of it.

Archived