Dishcloth Project Pic on post 60! *Received: Update on post 53*

The package goes out tomorrow September 29th. Usually it takes from 2 to 3 weeks. Please pray that it arrives, the political situation has been unstable and curfews are often in effect limiting travel and services!

I have an unusual request. A young woman who is a member of this board (sonnetandstitches)and who I have known since our families were stationed in northern Japan together, has recently taken a teaching job in Honduras. She and her husband are a young married couple who basically travelled with a small suitcase each…taking the bare necessities to accept jobs teaching at a small Christian school there. She recently mentioned that she was having a hard time finding cotton yarn and she had wanted to make some dishcloths. I know she is overwhelmed right now with trying to settle in, learn the language and customs for the area and struggling with a very limited budget. I found out I can ship a flat rate box there and I decided that instead of sending yarn, I would send dishcloths for her. So my request is that if anyone would like to contribute a dishcloth (any size, pattern or color is fine) you could attach a small note if you like…to encourage -- I know it would mean a lot to her (like little hugs:hug)! I know she really felt needed there and was determined to go and do her best. My initial thought was a comfortghan but because of the heat there, I thought I would try something more practicaI for her location. I am planning to send her box at the end of September. If you would be willing to help me out with this project, please send a pm and I will get my address to you!:)

Thanks,

Beth

Received:

cshell

jessicagil

LegalWoman17

Krakovianka

RecycleCindy

Nicolep

HappyOldCro

jenniferelyse74

cindy8s

teakaycee

fluteloopsjp

texasredhead

bailey

kwools

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:) I have a couple new dishcloth patterns I have been wanting to try and here is the perfect excuse to use those balls of cotton that have been looking at me and wanting to be made into something useful.

thanks again ladies for the pm's and posts! This project is for such a special young lady! I have known her since she was in jr high and had the privilege of being her teacher for some high school years too. I am proud of her for her dedication in taking this job...but please keep both she and her husband in your prayers since the political climate in Honduras is a worry. I am able to send her package to a local church there in the hopes that it will reach her more easily!

Oh I hope it's not too late. Have you already gotten the package ready to ship? I just sent you a PM. I meet Joy (sonnets_and_stitches) here at the Ville when I first was doing plastic bag projects. I believe she is the true creator of the word "Plarn" if you look it up back in about in 2007 here. She first coined the term here at Crochetville and I have always tried to give her the credit for creating Plarn! :yes

Oh I hope it's not too late. Have you already gotten the package ready to ship? I just sent you a PM. I meet Joy (sonnets_and_stitches) here at the Ville when I first was doing plastic bag projects. I believe she is the true creator of the word "Plarn" if you look it up back in about in 2007 here. She first coined the term here at Crochetville and I have always tried to give her the credit for creating Plarn! :yes

It is definitely not too late!! Her mom is coming to visit at the end of the month and we will put the final touches on her package and send it out at that time! I have known Joy since she was in jr high I was one of her youth leaders--boy that makes me feel old now! and she is very creative and thoughtful. I just sent my address for you. thanks for your help inthis project!! I know the plarn queen will be so surprised and thrilled

Beth,

I've got two dishcloths done and one scrubbie I made with recycled netting. I will have the package off to you tomorrow. I'm so happy to be able to do something special for Joy. Thanks again for being such a wonderful friend and ville member! :hug

Archived