6" Squares needed for MIL comfortghan - all squares received- Thank you all!!! UPDATE

EMedley

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 squares coming priority mail today. Hope they help! :clap

Aww well thank you! It will DEF help out big time. Im just starting a little pile of them.

My MIL hasn't responded to my questions about her mother. Im assuming shes avoiding them to be honest. Why I can't blame her for doing so, its frustrating because both sides of my husbands family are like this. I think they assume that no news is good news, and well I have a very tight knit, open and up to date family so its different. I just pray shes at least not in a ton of discomfort, even though deep down I know thats not the case. I kinda hope Im not that stubborn when my number is called up, but Im sure I will be ;)

4 squares going to the post office tomorrow. Sorry it took me longer than I thought. It's been a busy week. :thair

Cindy

Lord knows I know its been busy busy busy. I just keep saying TGIF!!!!!

I'll keep my eye on the mail, thanks so very very much!!!

I hadn't seen this thread before today. It hits very close to home for me. By the time I got to the post on Aug 28, saying your MIL's mom had taken a turn for the worst, I was almost in tears. My grandmother passed away on that same day 8/28/09 after living with the effects of Alzheimers for several years. After seeing her decline especially in the past 6 months it seems that death is almost a blessing. The hardest part has been watching my mom do so much to care for her. My mom seems to be doing a little better now that the memorial service is over and she is begining to re-establish some sort of routine but it is still difficult for her.

Anyway, I didn't mean to go off on a tangent. I would love to help out with this if you still need squares. I have a shade of skyish blue in mind that would probably work and can probably pull some other colors out of my stash. Please PM your address. I will whip some up this weekend and get them off to you early next week.

If you still need squares, I can send some.

Hugs from Donna in Oklahoma

Yes I do still need help, and that would be great Donna. Do you still have my address PM? If not I can resend it :D I loved your pink ones!

I hadn't seen this thread before today. It hits very close to home for me. By the time I got to the post on Aug 28, saying your MIL's mom had taken a turn for the worst, I was almost in tears. My grandmother passed away on that same day 8/28/09 after living with the effects of Alzheimers for several years. After seeing her decline especially in the past 6 months it seems that death is almost a blessing. The hardest part has been watching my mom do so much to care for her. My mom seems to be doing a little better now that the memorial service is over and she is begining to re-establish some sort of routine but it is still difficult for her.

Anyway, I didn't mean to go off on a tangent. I would love to help out with this if you still need squares. I have a shade of skyish blue in mind that would probably work and can probably pull some other colors out of my stash. Please PM your address. I will whip some up this weekend and get them off to you early next week.

Sorry for your loss! Its terribly sad. Sent you a pm

It is really heartbreaking. My great grandfather died of the same thing and its just really strange. Forgetting how to blink, talk, breath, swallow food or water, ect. It just seems like such a hard way to end a great life. We haven't heard anymore update since they called in Hospice sadly. I don't think my MIL likes talking about the subject so she hasn't touched it. I decided its probably just a good idea to pray for her and the family, shes got like 7 brothers and sisters! I know I hated people asking about my grandmothers illness when she was terminal so I will just not touch the subject. I just hope the small favor can brighten her spirits a little.

I really have no update on DHs great grandmother, Im kinda frustrated that my questions to the MIL keep going unanswered. I guess I should just assume she doesn't want to talk about it? Dunno, this is something the really drives me up a wall about both sides of the DHs family though. If my grandmother were sick, Id know that day, and I would get constant updates, instead of just the call about funeral arrangements. UGH! I did make two blue squares for this blanket though, they turned out nice.

Alright all, heard from my MIL on the subject, sadly it was after I had complained about it that I realized I had an email from her.

My MIL is having a really hard time with this. I know its understandable, but she feels stupid for hurting since this has been a long time coming. I think shes crazy!!! I would hope she would never be down on herself for being sad. Ugh, silly lady. Anyhow, apparently hospice doesn't think it will be much longer now. Shes just basically a shell, but MIL says shes very stubborn. She has told me she hates seeing her mother this way because her mom is a very independent strong woman so of course her illness is the complete opposite. This breaks my heart, just felt you guys needed an update. =(

Thanks for the update. I remember what my cousin went thru with my Aunt, and how hard it was for her. It is never easy.

4 squares went out this morning for the afghan.

Prayers and hugs are going out for your family.:hug

Thanks for the update. I remember what my cousin went thru with my Aunt, and how hard it was for her. It is never easy.

4 squares went out this morning for the afghan.

Prayers and hugs are going out for your family.:hug

Thank you Mary Jo! :manyheart

Okay, so my MIL has updated a tad more. I don't think her mother is going to be with us much longer. They have taken her off most her meds. It sounds like they are just trying to make her comfortable. She is just praying her mom doesn't suffer much longer. Of course shes not ready for it all, but its rough. Im a bit down about this tonight. I have about 22 squares now thanks to you guys!

So apparently DH spoke with his mother. Gma is refusing certain pills at certain times, apparently the staff isn't really about forcing them upon her either, or hospice isn't or something. Apparently the home and hospice care aren't doing their jobs well enough either. The poor woman has been found in her own sickness a few times. Ugh, this just makes me sad, why do people get into this line of work if they aren't going to take pride in their jobs and actually take care of the people. Oh my my my...

Archived