Spiral (?) doily, FOUND!!!!! (see entry for 9-2-05)

marymac

Question

• Answers 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really am working on the doily...I just have so many Christmas projects going that I don't have much time to add to it. I will definitely post pics when I EVER get through with it!

Hi Mary, I've sent you an email - hope I'm not too late! Just saw this thread (I seem to have missed a lot of good ones!).

Crafterlady, I tried opening your link but it set off my Mozilla's "unknown application" message box, there's something on the page it doesn't know how to open. Any ideas?

Guest Crafterlady46
Crafterlady, I tried opening your link but it set off my Mozilla's "unknown application" message box, there's something on the page it doesn't know how to open. Any ideas?

It's a shockwave file. You need it installed on your computer to view it.

It's a shockwave file. You need it installed on your computer to view it.

Yah, finally got that figured out, but almost crashed my computer downloading the durn thing! I could have sworn I had that plug-in too, but who knew? Will try again later after I can untangle from all my webpages long enough to reboot this machine. I've always got too many things going on at once. :lol

I was able to see at least one of the other items on the page, the spiral (guess that didn't require shockwave). Looks interesting!

I want to thank you for trying so hard. I'm a little silly when it comes to doggedly trying to find something on the internet. It becomes a "quest" for me.

I have to admit that I have a sleep disorder, and at times I am up when it seems no one else in the world (that I know anyway) isn't on their computers. This is a good time to play with these crazy searches!

See my blog for my latest attempt at copying the thing with a hook and thread...that may eventually be a useable pattern! Who knows??

Thanks again!

Well, I did get in touch with the company...they sent me an email stating that they do not have that particular magazine that the doily was printed in any longer. I don't know where to go for back issues and they couldn't even tell me when that pattern was published. I am so sorry I will have to stop looking at this point. I have been really tired and depressed lately. I do so hope you find it, marymac

:ohdear The magazine I order arrived...and the doily is not in it. Thankfully, there are some other cute things in there! ;)

I have begun to refer to this thing as the "endless search"...but I was born with a stubborn streak about a mile wide, I will continue to search.

I am about half done with my "remake" of the first attempt to copy this pattern from the pictures. The pattern writing will be a booger! :eek

<sigh>

Ok, no good news yet but I did post the pic on my blog, on a few other crochet exchanges that I am on and yet, no positive response. I love wild goose chases...or in this case, a wild missing doily pattern chase....:lol have no fear, I will not be deterred. Nothing will stop my search. :out

I STILL have not found this pattern, but the search continues!! I also have ordered a magazine, which might or might not, be the right one, and it has not arrived, yet.

When it gets here will let you know if I've hit the JACKPOT!

:ghug

Ive been working on one too for a couple days been staring at that thing LOL :hook

Spiral.jpg

Yes it is in 2 parts have to make 2 of them then turn one around... Still some tweeks to work out tho LOL

Wow its lovely Layna!!! I can't figure it out just by looking or atleast I haven't tried!! But yours is looking very good!!

Mary I checked out your work too! Its looking great !! great job girls !!

Hugs

Vims

Ive been working on one too for a couple days been staring at that thing LOL :hook

Spiral.jpg

Yes it is in 2 parts have to make 2 of them then turn one around... Still some tweeks to work out tho LOL

Archived