Need Some Advice-Memory Angels-Bonus Pics

Shellie

I posted this in charity but you guys see my dolls more than I think they would. I added two pics of little girls with their cuddle angels just so I am not offtopic and because they are just adorable!

I still would like to do special projects once in a bit for people (these two little girls belong to the woman that does Names in the Sand-I think that's worth a bit of extra time!) but I don't want to feel like that's everyone!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

If you follow the doll forum you know that I am the one that makes baby memory angels. I am not tired of them or even feeling burnt out. I just find myself with a bit of a quandry.

I have this habit of making some small thing for any living children the mother has as well as the angel. This has the unfortunate side effect of limiting angels a bit since it takes much more time to come up with the little somethings.

If you have ever lost a child-through illness, miscarriage, stillborn, etc-would you be offended to only receive the angel? I would like to reach many more people and am slowed quite a bit by the extras I try to include. Do I need to just get over my guilt that everyone in the family should get something?

My outlook is that the mother has the living children as a tangible reminder of Gods gifts and the memory angels of the lost children meet the same purpose. I haven't even started not doing something for everyone and I am already feeling guilty!

I just have several angels I really would like to do and the living children are slowing me. I try to make something unique just for them as well using their interests.

I guess I would really like some feedback as to how people think and if you have suffered a loss, how you would feel. :think

post-15976-135897439244_thumb.jpg

post-15976-135897439247_thumb.jpg

You do such beautiful work with the memory angels. Myself, I think you should stick with just the angel. The parents may give it to a smaller one to hug, as the two pictures show anyway.

The pictures are just precious, but you have to decide. It is more important to reach as many parents who have suffered a loss, or is it more important to add the bits as you call them.:hug

:hugYou do not need to feel quiltly for not making a tidbit for the living children. The gift of time and thought that you give to the family threw the gift of a angel is wonderful. The living children will have the angel also. I am sure the family you give the angels to, do not put them away for safe keeping. They are left out for a visual reminder and the children will also be able to look and hug on them.

I have not posted before am considered a lurker, I have faithfully looked for postings by you. You do wonderful work with your angels. Keep blessing the families with your gifts. They wouldn't want you to feel quilty. I am sure they are just surprised and very grateful.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a miscarriage right before I found out I was pregant with my now 4 year old son. I received an angel made out of clay from HAND and I was so thriled someone thought about me. I truley believe that was my baby girl and the angel doll means so much. I think you have a great idea and I think the parents and siblings will accept the angel doll and be just as thrilled as I am of receiving one made just for us!

Do not feel any ounce of guilt you are doing something for someone else that just needs that angel baby to hold on to! Good luck and I enjoy looking at all the pictures. I made one when you first posted the pattern and my son Shane took it, kissed it, and said "its my baby" so I had to give it to him! He loves it! I made it a little bassinet and hat and diaper. Ill have to figure out how to post a picture of it and the doll from HAND when I can.

• 4 years later...

I had a miscarriage right before I found out I was pregant with my now 4 year old son. I received an angel made out of clay from HAND and I was so thriled someone thought about me. I truley believe that was my baby girl and the angel doll means so much. I think you have a great idea and I think the parents and siblings will accept the angel doll and be just as thrilled as I am of receiving one made just for us!

Do not feel any ounce of guilt you are doing something for someone else that just needs that angel baby to hold on to! Good luck and I enjoy looking at all the pictures. I made one when you first posted the pattern and my son Shane took it, kissed it, and said "its my baby" so I had to give it to him! He loves it! I made it a little bassinet and hat and diaper. Ill have to figure out how to post a picture of it and the doll from HAND when I can.

I was going back through all my old posts, fixing pictures when I ran across this one.   Did you ever post that picture?   I would LOVE to see it!

If you have ever lost a child-through illness, miscarriage, stillborn, etc-would you be offended to only receive the angel? I would like to reach many more people and am slowed quite a bit by the extras I try to include. Do I need to just get over my guilt that everyone in the family should get something?

I would not have been offended that someone thought to touch my heart while dealing with a loss such as that.

I miscarried after having my daughter.  No one else in the house carried the loss and grief that I did.  I don't think it's possible for other's to.  If I had received an angel at that time - I never would've thought 'what about the kid that's still here'.  I would've been touched that a total stranger cared enough to extend love and comfort during such a painful time.

Follow your heart.  If you believe that everyone in the household should receive something then do that.  If you have to 'put down' guilt - maybe you're doing the right thing without even realizing it.  From what you've shared of yourself on this forum - you have a beautiful heart.  I would listen to it.

I would not have been offended that someone thought to touch my heart while dealing with a loss such as that.

I miscarried after having my daughter.  No one else in the house carried the loss and grief that I did.  I don't think it's possible for other's to.  If I had received an angel at that time - I never would've thought 'what about the kid that's still here'.  I would've been touched that a total stranger cared enough to extend love and comfort during such a painful time.

Follow your heart.  If you believe that everyone in the household should receive something then do that.  If you have to 'put down' guilt - maybe you're doing the right thing without even realizing it.  From what you've shared of yourself on this forum - you have a beautiful heart.  I would listen to it.

Sorry, this is a realllllllly old post!   I just saw someone remarked about sharing a picture and wondered if they ever did.   For some reason, I didn't realize it would jump it back to the top.     LOL     I still make these, just not near as fast.       :)

Archived