9x9 Inch Squares Needed For Pine Street Inn

sOCKsgirl

Pine street inn is a homeless shelter in Boston that also gives people permanent housing and helps them get their lives back on track.

They are having their annual fund-raiser and as part of that they are collecting 9x9inch squares to sew into blankets so each person moving into their new home will have a nice new blanket to keep them warm.

The squares can be any colors any yarn they can be knit or crochet all they ask is that you weave in your ends and mark them as hand wash or machine wash.

I know this comes at a busy time of year when everyone is starting to work on their holiday projects but every square helps.

Here is the link to their site if anyone wants to check it out http://www.pinestreetinn.org/events.php?id=329

The address to send the squares to is also listed there.

Thanks in advance to anyone who sends in a square.

-Shannon

This is something I definitely will want to get involved with... I didn't even realize the PineStreetInn had this program:blush.

Shannon - will you be part of the joining event?

I will be able to make squares but I probably won't be able to join in the joining, I work at a portrait studio and November is the beginning of our very busy holiday season. There is no way they will let me have a Sunday off. They barely even let me have Sunday's off now and it's our slow(er) season!

-Shannon

Archived