Anyone else crocheting for their coming baby?

Titus2woman

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:yay mandii!!! To bad you didn't live closer you could have all of my ds's little boy things that I saved. :)

You will have to dig out the blues! And yes the cowboy booties would be darling!

Hi all. i am currently working on a baby blanket for a friend's soon to be baby girl. i am expecting another boy. i started to crochet when my first guy was born but i never made him anything. Now i think i will make more blankets and clothing. And toys of course. :hook

Laura

I finished the pregnant woman forms for my midwife and her assistant. They are tickled pink, as they know they are having girlies. ~smile~ I placed their boobs WAY too high~or arms too low. :( Anyhoo, the pic and pattern info can be found here: http://titus2woman.wordpress.com/2009/10/03/theyre-uummmm/ (((((HUGS))))) sandi

ETA real pic! The pattern can be found here.

post-15188-135897505784_thumb.jpg

LOL Brenda! I have really enjoyed making these booties without the bells in a variety of colors: http://diymaven.com/2008/12/17/elfin-baby-booties/ They are easy, quick, and CUTE! I am also working on some acrylic Turdle soakers. The yarn I got to finish baby's kimono wrap was NOT a color match~ARGH! Hopefully I can find some to match better... (pink camo~the pink is REALLY BRIGHT in this skein!) (((((HUGS))))) sandi

What kind of yarn is it? Maybe I can help out.

I am working away here. I have one round left on a baby blanket and am to the inseam/legs on the longies. I also have the second baby leg 3/4 done.

*THANKS, BRENDA!* It's just RH pink camo. We'll go to Wally after church tomorrow, and I might bring the sweater so I can match it up with another skein better. The pink is just WAY more vibrant in this past skein than the skeins I was previously working with!

I see you finished your baby legs~WOOHOOO! I'm considering making some out of knee-high socks... Haven't even come close to starting though. (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Anyone still crocheting for babies? I finally finished the pink patchwork baby blanket!! I also finished the baby legs. I am doing the first of the legs on the longies.

• 3 weeks later...

I just found out I'll be a grandmother for the first time. I am making this afghan but the numbers don't seem to add up on row 24 to 25. I think I have it figured out but was just wondering if anyone else has done it?

post-10430-13589747498_thumb.jpg

Congrats, Sandi!!! :-) I don't know why I didn't have your blog on my blogroll! I need to remedy that today. I had been "looking" for you, and found you in the last place I looked, here! :-) Anyway, congrats. And thanks for the tickle turdle pattern, I had been looking for that, too.

Shellie

*THANK Y'ALL!* Frances is just the BEST baby! I find myself very content with all that I've been given.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Congratulations she is adorable.

I just found out I'll be a grandmother for the first time. I am making this afghan but the numbers don't seem to add up on row 24 to 25. I think I have it figured out but was just wondering if anyone else has done it?

What is the pattern you are using? I have never made that before.

OH WOW! I had not checked here in quite some time~*THANK YOU!* for all the compliments and congrats!!!! and Sarisue~that is BEAUTIFUL! Sorry I have no advice, but it will be treasured. ~smile~ (((((HUGS))))) sandi~still haven't finished some projects and have just slowly been working on slippers for a dd and a ds.

sarisue~I don't have the book. So sorry, no help.

Hey sandi :) I hope things are going well with the new little one. I have been working away on another baby blanket that I want to get done before christmas. After christmas some time I will be starting another blanket for a baby due in april.

Well, I too just found out that I am going to be a grandmother for the first time come July. It's all I can do to type that word...lol.

Anyway, between my daughter and my niece, I currently have two babies to get ready for so let the :crocheting begin! As soon as I decide on my first project I will post it here and join in if I may.

Welcome aboard Christie! You certainly can join. We are not a very busy bunch here...it takes me forever to finish anything for babies even though they are smaller. Don't know why. :shrugs :lol

Archived