Anyone else crocheting for their coming baby?

Titus2woman

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Iam making some things for my sisters friends teenage children who are expecting, well one has had hers about 10 days ago and it was a girl the other is a boy nad due in October.

I made a pink and cream RR still waiting for my sister to email me the photo.

Started a blue and cream blanket, but not getting on with the pattern so gonna frog it and pick another pattern.

I would like to make a hat and jacket for each baby as well, but have never made clothing so a bit nervous about making them.

Have a really nice book with baby crochet in so will have a look through that.

I can never sleep when I'm pregnant, so I've started crocheting for Frances while I'm up at night. I sure wish I had started sooner~I'd have SO MUCH DONE!!! Anyway, I've done this hat and these booties in SS pink, and in RH pink camo this hat for Frances, Hazel, and myself (SO SORRY this cute, CUTE hat is not showing up! Thankfully I printed off the pattern a good while ago...). I hope to do this bunting in both yarns, and maybe another such ensemble in purple. I'll share pics when I'm done and hope if you're doing the same you will too! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

OH~and I HAFTA do this lacy bonnet in pink, too!

Hey girl!!!!

Its Xtraordinary from DS!

*WELCOME XTRAORDINARY!* I'm SO GLAD you're here!!!!! ~smile~

I CAN'T WAIT to see your creations, Krazy-Kitty!!!

Brenda, your babylegs are AWESOME! I'll need to look into some NB ones, as our house is like a BARN! LOL!

(((((HUGS))))) sandi

ETA real pics!

Ruffle Brimmed Granny Style Skull Cap pattern~Hazel has one to match and I might end up with one too, cowgirl booties are from Crochet Today’s Sep/Oct 2008 issue.

Tickle Turdle Wrap

Bonnet from Crochet Today’s Sep/Oct 2007 issue, Mary Jane's found here.

post-15188-135897505764_thumb.jpg

post-15188-135897505767_thumb.jpg

post-15188-13589750577_thumb.jpg

Every time I tried crocheting for my son before he was born, I never liked it and would rip it out. Maybe this time I'll get something done before this one is born.

Sandi~they are looking good! :) I like the soakers! I wish I had three of them made :lol

Hey mandi! Welcome! :D

I have the second baby leg cast on and the ribbing almost done. They go so fast! I got this pattern off of ravelry. If you want it let me know and I'll post the link. It says it should fit newborn on up and can be made longer or shorter very easily.

Mandi I didn't realize that was when you were due. You should go early....say Jan 21. Then the baby could share its b-day with my dd. :)

You should defenitly make your baby a blanket. I think they are a must. then they atleast have one keepsake from you. My son has that and a baby bonnet. My daughter has a bunch of things. My son has since gotten other things that I have made for him as he has gotten older but I don't know if he will keep them or not.

Brenda, my son has a bunch of handmade things from his great grandmother, a blanket, the sweater and hat he wore home from the hospital...he loves all his blankets dearly, he's getting one from me for Christmas. I just have a hard time picking up my hook for this new baby.

Ya I think those darn kids can sense the love that was put into those things. :)

Maybe its because you can't see the baby yet. Maybe it will help to have your ultrasound and see the little one that way. Otherwise it won't be that bad to wait untill it is here.

I'm crocheting for my future grandson who will be born in Jan 2010. I never had the chance to crochet for my son. I didn't know how, and my ex-husband wouldn't let me get the supplies if I did know how!

I've made the following so far and I keep adding:

3 piece outfit

kniffty knitter hat

two afghans

Turtle rattle found in crochetville's free original patterns

In progress or future

Puppy

binky holder

Teddy bear

Got to get back to puppy

Kristina

You know I don't know if there is a pattern out there for crocheted baby legs. Couldn't be that hard to do though.

I will post another pic when they are finished so you can drool some more than. :lol

I finally got past the ribbing on the longies! Starting to look like it might just fit DD :lol

i am also past the ribbing on the baby legs....I take them with to work so they are going slow. If I decide I need them I could have them done in an evening.

I am also slowly doing the border on the pink patchwork afghan. I should really put some time in on that and just finish it up. The border is so boring though.

You might hafta wait a bit~I have slowed down! *I think* I have a touch of carpal tunnel. AND I keep starting new projects~LOL! I started an acrylic turdle wrap after washing one of my son's hats, as it felt totally dry straight out of the spin cycle! I still LOVE the different soakers, but I like the idea of them fitting longer. The idea of all that time on one that won't last very long keeps me from trying my hand, even though I am interested....

I know I have seen some crochet baby legs... Found it! http://hooked-on-crochet.blogspot.com/2008/01/livie-legs-free-original-pattern.html I would like to make some of these.... (ETA I'm wondering how to size 'em for a newborn?) (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Archived