Anyone else crocheting for their coming baby?

Titus2woman

I can never sleep when I'm pregnant, so I've started crocheting for Frances while I'm up at night. I sure wish I had started sooner~I'd have SO MUCH DONE!!! Anyway, I've done this hat and these booties in SS pink, and in RH pink camo this hat for Frances, Hazel, and myself (SO SORRY this cute, CUTE hat is not showing up! Thankfully I printed off the pattern a good while ago...). I hope to do this bunting in both yarns, and maybe another such ensemble in purple. I'll share pics when I'm done and hope if you're doing the same you will too! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

OH~and I HAFTA do this lacy bonnet in pink, too!

ETA Feb 2010 that I made the buntings, and they were beautiful! The first was too small, so I gave it away. The second I should've used sooner, as the yarn was sooo thick that it doesn't move well, and I can't get that long thing over her head~LOL! Also wanted to share that since I now know how to add pics I have gone through this thread and replaced some links with pics.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You sound so excited!! I'm not crocheting for a coming baby, mine is 4 months old now but I am still having fun making things for her. Do you get Crochet Today?? The July/August issue had a really cute waermelon blanket and matching hat, I love the hat.

I will be making things for a newborn in a month or so once my friend finds out what she is having.

Y'all will hafta share PICS! I finished a wool soaker yesterday and plan to share one big pic of everything when I'm done. Will I ever BE done? LOL! Diana, my CT sub ran out, but I did see that cute, CUTE pattern pictured on their site. LOVE watermelon stuff!!!! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

no babies here...but that bunting is adorable! So is that lacy bonnet. I'll be watching for pictures...I love baby stuff. (and that garden bag will be a perfect diaper bag. (and WIP bag too))

I have a newborn, 3 weeks and I finished his blanket a week before he was born. I am working on an outfit for him, congratulations on your pregnancy, I bet you can't wait, I know I couldn't. Just some advice, the hand you crochet with, keep it warm and massage from your hand up your forearm from time to time, I developed carpal tunnel because I was swollen and couldn't put the hook down, I had finished my son's blanket but didn't get to weave in all the ends before he came. :o)

cpsmith~your baby items are sooo beautiful!!!! Momcrochets, I really, really HOPE I get around to that garden tote! I would LOVE to do it in cotton, but the $$$! It will hafta be acrylic... NikiG, *THANK YOU!* for the advice~I have definitely been swollen and numb and tingly. Some of it from crochet and some of it from house painting!

There is a pic of my first outfit and wool soaker at the end of this post: http://titus2woman.wordpress.com/2009/08/25/the-simple-womans-daybook-30/ (((((HUGS))))) sandi

ETA real pics! Soakers pictured down thread... Here is the bunting, booties, and hat.

post-15188-1358975058_thumb.jpg

I'm not expecting but my daughter is now seven months old and I still am making her cute girly things. :) I am busy making things for my cousins babies and will be making things for our friends daughter who is newly expecting once she finds out what she is having. So I will share pics and can't wait to see pics of what you are all making.

Y'all will hafta share PICS! I finished a wool soaker yesterday and plan to share one big pic of everything when I'm done. Will I ever BE done? LOL! Diana, my CT sub ran out, but I did see that cute, CUTE pattern pictured on their site. LOVE watermelon stuff!!!! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

You made a wool soaker? mind sharing the pattern? Are you using cloth diapers? We are and I really need to make some soakers.

The pic in the link I shared is the Tickle Turdle Wrap, which sadly can no longer be found. There are LOTS of links to free, pull-up soakers though!!!!

Little Fire Soaker

Easiest Wool Soaker

Crocheted Shorties and Longies

A page of links, both crochet and knit

I have considered paying for some Ladybugz patterns, as they are SO CUTE!

We have always cloth diapered but had to start afresh with #5, as everything is pretty worn out. This is the first time using wool soakers though, and I'M EXCITED! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

cpsmith~your baby items are sooo beautiful!!!! Momcrochets, I really, really HOPE I get around to that garden tote! I would LOVE to do it in cotton, but the $$$! It will hafta be acrylic... NikiG, *THANK YOU!* for the advice~I have definitely been swollen and numb and tingly. Some of it from crochet and some of it from house painting!

There is a pic of my first outfit and wool soaker at the end of this post: http://titus2woman.wordpress.com/2009/08/25/the-simple-womans-daybook-30/ (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Thanks!! I have more WIP to finish. I have until December so I should get them done.

Thanks for the links. I had some of them but found some new ones also.

I started some knitted baby legs for my DD. They will be in a varigated white/pink/purple. I want to get these done before it starts to cool off so that she can wear them with some of her dresses.

BRENDA! Someone found the Tickle Turdle Wrap pattern via a web archive site!!!! I can't get the site to copy, but here's a link to the thread containing the link that worked for me:

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=817469

I didn't have the graph copied, so when it comes to the front/back post crochets I just alternated with each stitch. Still turned out great, and I'll probably do it again! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

That is one that I have printed out and am thinking of trying. :)

Although not for my daughter, I have 12 rows left on the baby aran I am knitting!! Can't wait to finish it!!

The plastic is a little more uncomfortable, though there are a great variety of other options out there now~I do like nylon. Before your Mom's time people used wool soakers (and I think I've even read about cotton and such)! Wool breathes better, lanolized it does not hold bacteria, and so it's a great choice for babies especially who have trouble with rashes. It's just another option to choose from, and cloth diapering is FUN like that!

I've actually been reading how some Moms use acrylic and say it acts like fleece... HHHMMMM... Interesting! ~smile~ (((((HUGS))))) sandi

I recieved a bunch of plastic pants free when I was starting cloth diapering. They work but they leave red marks on dd's legs and she seems to sweat more in them. I now have a nylon velcro cover that I love!

I am thinking of trying acrylic yarn on a cover for my next cover.

Hey ladies! I see this has moved to the second page so I am giving it a bump. I know there are alot of people making baby things for charity/family/friends. We should beable to keep this going. :yes

I am about to finish the first of my baby legs for DD. They are too cute. I also finished the knit aran afghan!! i gave it to my friend tonight and realized on the way home that I didn't get a pic of the finished blanket. I will have to get her to take one and send it to me. I love how it turned out and am very proud of it. :)

Archived