A Shawl for Autumn

free2be

Is it true fall is right around the corner? I can't believe how fast summer is flying by. I am generally behind on my crafts by at least one season and then I end up giving the items away because I have no where to keep them until its time to use them the following year.

I promised myself this year would be different :yes and so I am starting a shawl to use as soon as it starts cooling off. Anyone interested?

I am working on this long open shawl pattern - you can google it but you can choose whatever you want to complete.

I have started the Wrap with Slits and I am now on the long boring part where it is every 2 rows the same. I could use the focus to git 'er done.

Strangely enough, I am actually planning to keep this for myself as I think it would be very nice draped over shoulders with the slits and drapes at the shoulder.

Very pretty through the fall months when you

want something to keep away that chill in the air :autumn

... and very stylish at the bus stop in January :wbrr

I will have to make a hat to go with and probably some wristlets as well. I really like this pattern. At first I thought it was a bit too much but now I am really liking it. It seems much smaller 'in real life' :think

Hope this counts :hug

Well I got about 6 more inches made today. I 'had tea' with a dear friend down stairs and that always gets me further along with my projects.

I like having an accountability group - aka CAL :wlol - to keep me moving forward.

How is it going for y'all?

I just picked up my yarn today and I am going to start tommorrow. I am also working on the clapochet so I guess I will have to post on both. Silly me I thought I was going to finish the clapochet before I started anymore projects but I would be at a loss with out at least 3 going on. I'll post pics soon.

I'm totally with you on the accountabilty group...since my intentions only get me so far.

This is a beautiful shawl! Are you doing it in the same color as the one in the picture?

No, I am using a very pretty deep rose colour. It will look good with my blue winter coats :c9

Ohhhh Darski, that is so gorgeous!!! I love the way that would stay on. Now that classes are done for me until after Thanksgiving, I actually have time to work on some things!!!

I have started the Wrap with Slits and I am now on the long boring part where it is every 2 rows the same. I could use the focus to git 'er done.

Strangely enough, I am actually planning to keep this for myself as I think it would be very nice draped over shoulders with the slits and drapes at the shoulder.

I just finished the one from Caron, I made it with Simply Soft. Love how it turned out. I'm going to give it to my dd as a BD gift.

tena

I would love to join you. I'm almost done with this shawl

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=64821&highlight=spiral

for my daughter. I have 7 motifs left and then I think I'm going to make this one for me

http://www.caron.com/projects/ss/ss17_flowers_shawl.html

I am almost done with the Clapochet and haven't made to much progress on the the open shawl just yet. Things are getting a little crazy at work so I haven't wanted to do much when I come home.

Here's my progress so far. IMG_0396

I am doing this one also. I am using a scarlet color and I am not quite a few rows past the slits. I am planning on this one for myself as well. Working on it often cause I want to wear it. It is cold here in Iowa this year!!!

I will have to make a hat to go with and probably some wristlets as well. I really like this pattern. At first I thought it was a bit too much but now I am really liking it. It seems much smaller 'in real life' :think

Hope this counts :hug

Very pretty!!!

I am almost done with the Clapochet and haven't made to much progress on the the open shawl just yet. Things are getting a little crazy at work so I haven't wanted to do much when I come home.

Here's my progress so far. IMG_0396

I took my wrap along with me to the laundry today. I am at row 100 or the wrap with slits. I think I am going to like this. Will post a picture when it is done.

Oh wow! I hadn' realized that you are doing the same one I amn. It's kind of scary when you say "row 100" but that does make sense. I am arund row 3o and it will need at least another 70 rows when i think about it. :whew

Fall is coming closer and closer.

That's funny that we are doing the same one!!! I noticed in your post about it.

I sat and crocheted while watching the nascar race and I am not on row 120!! Not that many rows left. I think that there are about 153 rows or so. This really goes quickly!!

Looking forward to seeing a pic of yours.

I am making it because a gal at church had it on last week. I had looked at the pattern, but, was not sure I wanted to make it till I saw it in person. I really like it.

Oh wow! I hadn' realized that you are doing the same one I amn. It's kind of scary when you say "row 100" but that does make sense. I am arund row 3o and it will need at least another 70 rows when i think about it. :whew

Fall is coming closer and closer.

Archived