18" cowgirl doll

cindylou4516

I bought the pattern from annies attic it says it fits American girl doll but it is way to big so I had to adjust the pattern. I also tried to do the boots and hat in black but just could not see my stitches so I made them red. Which I kind of like better. I also stiffened the hat to keep its shape, it was a real mess before that. Sorry pictures not the best she looks squat and fat so I just put a sideways one in. http://www.shadylane.com/

post-17499-135897436229_thumb.jpg

post-17499-135897436231_thumb.jpg

I have that very same pattern and have made it. I like your red hat and boots. This is how mine came out.

Very Nice marycat. Did you have to adjust your pattern. Your vest looks smaller and better than mine. I just used a smaller hook on the vest but eliminated stitches on the skirt. I have a wannabe AMG doll that I use for a model. I make all these cloths for my cousins little girl and she has a AMG doll. I just hope they fit her doll.

I was starting to think no one liked my cowgirl outfit. No one responded for the longest time. Thanks for looking.

Very Nice marycat. Did you have to adjust your pattern. Your vest looks smaller and better than mine. I just used a smaller hook on the vest but eliminated stitches on the skirt. I have a wannabe AMG doll that I use for a model. I make all these cloths for my cousins little girl and she has a AMG doll. I just hope they fit her doll.

I was starting to think no one liked my cowgirl outfit. No one responded for the longest time. Thanks for looking.

Your outfit is very nice and looks just as good. I didn't elminate stitches and I do think the skirt is kinda big. My doll isn't an American girl doll. She's just one I picked up at my local thrift store. She's 21" tall so I don't know how that compares to the American girl dolls. I guess you could say mine is a wannabe AMG too.

Thank you everyone, I amaze myself that I can just adjust a pattern now when a year ago I was having problems reading patterns. Now as I am working on something I can change a pattern to the way I want it or just think of what I want and just wing it and it turns out. It has alot to do with joining here I would never have thought of doing half the things I do now. I am also making things that I would never even think of making.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first message on this forum, so if I'm not allowed to ask this, please let me know. Does anyone have a free crochet pattern for a pair of boots to fit an 18" doll? I am not the greatest crocheter and don't know how to make shoes into boots.

Archived