Lapgans for cancer patients

dorothysgirls

We have a group in town that helps women pay for mamograms. They also help with wigs and hats for cancer patients. Recently they helped me pay for the tests that I needed to have. I was wondering if any of you wonderful villers would like to help me make lapgans and hats to give to them. When I asked them what size they needed I was told that people come in all shapes and sizes, andy size blanket would be great. Any help would be great!! Thank you!!:hug

I will take any blankets that I can give them, they try to make sure that all people have a lapgan to take with them when they go for their treatments. A lot of the treatment rooms are cold. I am working on the 5th one so far. Thank you for offering to help. :hug

I have one I can send you and once I finish my current project will try to make some more.

You are always so giving, I'm happy to be able to give to you for a charity for once. I hope you get alot of responses as the summer ends and the school years has people's lives settling down and in for crocheting. (HUGS)

I'm in- I just have a couple of questions if you can help;

Do the lapghans stay at the hospital and are re-used (need to be darker and sturdy)? Or are they for individuals to keep (maybe a little more decorative)?

Also, do you have color or yarn preferences? I have never made a lapghan only afghans, can you give me an approximate size for a typical lapghan?

And one last one for you, sorry. :eek Is this ongoing or is there a time frame?

It's starting to cool off so this is the perfect time for this project. I will PM when I get a couple together. :hug

The blankets are for individuals, they can be any color any size as decorative or as plain as you would like to make them. I think that acrylic yarn would be best as it is easier to wash and care for. Lapgans that I have done have been all sizes. baby blanket sizes are usually good. 36 X 36, up to 45 X 45. cheryl at Wyoming angels said that all sizes are good as people come in diffrent shapes and sizes. If you have any more questions please ask. I hope this helps.

I'm in- I just have a couple of questions if you can help;

Do the lapghans stay at the hospital and are re-used (need to be darker and sturdy)? Or are they for individuals to keep (maybe a little more decorative)?

Also, do you have color or yarn preferences? I have never made a lapghan only afghans, can you give me an approximate size for a typical lapghan?

And one last one for you, sorry. :eek Is this ongoing or is there a time frame?

It's starting to cool off so this is the perfect time for this project. I will PM when I get a couple together. :hug

The blankets are for individuals, they can be any color any size as decorative or as plain as you would like to make them. I think that acrylic yarn would be best as it is easier to wash and care for. Lapgans that I have done have been all sizes. baby blanket sizes are usually good. 36 X 36, up to 45 X 45. cheryl at Wyoming angels said that all sizes are good as people come in diffrent shapes and sizes. If you have any more questions please ask. I hope this helps.

Perfect! Sorry, I don't have a creative brain so I need a lot of details but you have given me the perfect "picture".

Found a cute pattern and have yarn so I'm on it- :hug

Perfect! Sorry, I don't have a creative brain so I need a lot of details but you have given me the perfect "picture".

Found a cute pattern and have yarn so I'm on it- :hug

Thank you!! I am glad I could help!!:crocheting

:cheer:cheer:cheerI recieved 3 wonderful lapgans and hats today. they are perfect. I would post pictures but my camera has wondered away again... (the twins took off with it I am sure) Thank you ansept!!!:hug:hug:hug

I recieved the box today. The mail man took them to the wrong house and the neighbor took them inside because I wasn't home and we keept missing each other. But they are here and beautiful. Thank you very much!!:c9:c9

Sent off the box of squares priority mail on Monday afternoon. You should have them soon.

Cindy

Dorothy, I'm in the middle of some projects right now, but I'll keep you in mind down the road! So you'll take squares or completed ghans?

Squares are great too... This is a ongoing project of mine so when ever you can help it would be great!

Dorothy, I'm in the middle of some projects right now, but I'll keep you in mind down the road! So you'll take squares or completed ghans?

Hmm, 36 X 36...sounds like that extra big granny square I've always wanted to try. And a great way to use up stash, too.:yarn Count me in!

I will pm for your address when I have it completed. Probably in a month or so.

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD:+5

Dishcloth Tuesdays ~ 2009 CAL

Lapgans for cancer patients

Any size is Great!! The one that I have done have been about baby blanket size. Cheryl at Wyoming angels says that people all come in diffrent sizes blankets should too.

what size squares would you like?

Archived