Reversible scarves

amdm

Though I am primarily a crocheter, I prefer the look of knitted cables to the crocheted version, and, as far as scarves are concerned, reversibility is very important to me. These two satisfy both my requirements, but they took a long, long time to knit.

post-5895-135897436153_thumb.jpg

post-5895-135897436155_thumb.jpg

Thank you. Both patterns are from Knitting pattern central. The yellow one is very appropriately named Palindrome scarf, and the red one is called braided cable. If you search for "reversible" they will both come up.

Thanks for the kind comments.

Carla - it was just time-consuming. For the cables to be reversible every stitch has to be ribbed, and, as you know, ribbing takes much longer than stocking stitch. But the Palindrome is a nice simple pattern. The other one was more complex, and took even longer..

quietheart - did you take pictures? I would love to see them.

Of course not! *laugh* I only recently started taking pictures of what I make, I didnt have a camera last year. Sorry.

But I did them in ILTY in a different color for everyone. They were a real hit. And as a first time cable project I found it very easy.

This year I am making crochet cable sets for everyone since crochet is still my first love. But Palindrome is my fallback knit set now. I cant imagine making non-reversible after that being my first.

Hugs

Kath

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice! They look like they took a while, all those tiny stitches - wow!!!

Great job, you should be very proud! :cheer

I haven't done cables yet, although I really want to. A friend of mine is going to teach me. I guess I should clarify though, I understand how to cable, but I don't understand the way patterns are written, as in transferring what the instructions (cabling instructions) say to do into what I'm supposed to do with the needles and yarn. I'll get there someday!

Thank you, and, yes, they took ages. But I like to have one project I can carry about, and these were easy to carry and work on at every opportunity.

Why don't you check out some videos to learn cable-knitting/

Archived