Sign in to follow this  
cruelladvill

What thread?

What kind of thread do you use? I want a good thread that will last when I make a project. I have done several thread projects in Aunt Lydia's and one in Baroque, which I liked. I'm just not sure which are better threads. I've been looking at some DMC. :think

My thread of choice is DMC Cebelia. Though I will use Royale for certain colors that I can't get with the Cebelia.

But for durability and ease to work with DMC is my favorite.

I agree with Katchkan on this one. Cebelia by far is my favorite. While it is a bit on the expensive side it definately is my thread of choice for something special.

I like Aunt Lydia's too. The colors are readily available and I have had no problems with it holding up to washing and daily use.

TLOL,

Toni

For smaller thread I love the kind that DEMET sells on ebay. There are alot of colors and it works up so nice.

Marcia

I like Cebelia because it works wells, has smoothness and a sheen. I would got to omega next and royale after that. For a good price on Cebelia go to:

http://www.knitting-warehouse.com/index.html

It cost $3.99/ball for the Cebelia. They have other kinds of thread and they are cheaper than HH. I get excellent service and the materials come quickly.

I'm making a Christening Gown for my dgd out of Aunt Lydia's Bamboo thread. So far it's working well and it's soft. I'll post a pic when it's done.

DMC Cébélia. It's reasonably priced for the quality and makes really good-looking projects. I love the twist, the sheen and the durability. I've had ladies who've used the less expensive threads all their lives to immediately comment on my pretty thread in a finished project. There are also some European threads which are very nice but you would probably have to order them or get them at an independent LYS. Cébélia is available at the big box craft stores.

I'm with the rest - DMC Cebilia is the bomb. I just love the feel when I'm crocheting and the beauty of the piece when I'm finished!

I posted my finished Baptism Gown using Aunt Lydia's bamboo thread in show and tell - Babies and Toddlers. I really like this thread for this dress. It drapes so nicely and is very soft.