What thread?

cruelladvill

What kind of thread do you use? I want a good thread that will last when I make a project. I have done several thread projects in Aunt Lydia's and one in Baroque, which I liked. I'm just not sure which are better threads. I've been looking at some DMC. :think

I agree with Katchkan on this one. Cebelia by far is my favorite. While it is a bit on the expensive side it definately is my thread of choice for something special.

I like Aunt Lydia's too. The colors are readily available and I have had no problems with it holding up to washing and daily use.

TLOL,

Toni

I like Cebelia because it works wells, has smoothness and a sheen. I would got to omega next and royale after that. For a good price on Cebelia go to:

http://www.knitting-warehouse.com/index.html

It cost $3.99/ball for the Cebelia. They have other kinds of thread and they are cheaper than HH. I get excellent service and the materials come quickly.

• 1 month later...

DMC Cébélia. It's reasonably priced for the quality and makes really good-looking projects. I love the twist, the sheen and the durability. I've had ladies who've used the less expensive threads all their lives to immediately comment on my pretty thread in a finished project. There are also some European threads which are very nice but you would probably have to order them or get them at an independent LYS. Cébélia is available at the big box craft stores.

• 2 months later...

Archived