Movie Night - 18" doll: Image intense

darski

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm a little confused on rows 8-9 of the bottoms. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. I crocheted the 11 ehdc, then the 11 hdc, then the last 11 ehdc, but where do I go from there with row 9? Do I turn? If I do, won't that make row 10 funny? Sorry, as you can tell, I'm not the best crocheter in the world. Thanks for whatever help you can offer.

I'm a little confused on rows 8-9 of the bottoms. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. I crocheted the 11 ehdc, then the 11 hdc, then the last 11 ehdc, but where do I go from there with row 9? Do I turn? If I do, won't that make row 10 funny? Sorry, as you can tell, I'm not the best crocheter in the world. Thanks for whatever help you can offer.

If you look closely ...

Row 8-9: Ehdc in 11, hdc to last 11 sts, ehdc in 11.

You are to work the 11ehdc sts then all the rest of the sts except the last 11 sts where you go back to ehdc and join

I'm wanting to do this one for some Christmas presents, but what is an ehdc? (I get the half double crochet part, but not the "e"part)

The e is for Extended HDC.

It is a technique wherein you pull through only 1loop on your stitch at first and then make you stitch as you normally would. It can apply to sc, dc etc.

Here is a vid tutorial for Esc

• 11 months later...

Love this set! I had very straight hair when I was younger...my mom would set it in curlers on Saturday night for church the next day and for almost all of my school pics. After moving from the country back into the city, my hair got frizzy and now I can't get rid of the curls! (no more curlers needed for me! LOL) and I had a pink baby doll set that I loved wearing in the summer time!

• 1 month later...
Hi, I need help with rows 8-11 on the top. Where it says "[FPdc around next dc, 3 dc group in centre dc of previous row." I'm not exactly sure what that means. And how does that translate into the next row. Thanks!

the pattern at this point consists of that column of FPdc stitches worked one over the other for each row.

Between each FPdc column you will work a 3dc group. On each row, you work another 3dc group into the middle dc of the previous row.

I am not quite sure what you mean by

And how does that translate into the next row.
if you look at the close up pic (which is a tad blurry - sorry) you can see that each row is exactly like the one before. FPdc over FPdc and 3dc group over 3dc group.

If this isn't clear, maybe someone else can help to explain it. The trouble with understanding something is that is sometimes makes it hard to see why someone else doesn't understand it :rofl did that make any sense :wlol

im done with the baby doll top and bloomers which are adorable but im confused on the first row of the slippers i see more stitches in the row then there are chains unless im reading this wrong any that can help me i would appreciate it

I'm done with the baby doll top and bloomers which are adorable but I'm confused on the first row of the slippers I see more stitches in the row then there are chains unless I'm reading this wrong any that can help me i would appreciate it

I'm sorry but I don't understand your question. There are many more stitches than chains because the heel and toe both get many inc sts.

Oh wait a minute... do you know the technique of working round the bend on this type of pattern.

Once you get the 5 sts in that last chain, you have turned the bend and you keep going and work the remaining loops that you did not work on the first side.

ok ty so much i havent done many crochet things before and have taught myself i was a lil confused on the slippers i understand what you are saying now ty again my lil one loves these clothes . Im trying to make a few outfits for christmas gifts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
THank you for the pattern but I tried starting it and have a problem. The first row does not show a bracket on the left side of the section that I am suppose to repeat from. Please let me know where I put the left bracket. Thank you for your help. Here is my email address: rileydoll98@aol.com Linda

Row 1: ch 1, hdc in same st, [2 hdc in next, hdc in next]

• 1 year later...

Archived