Movie Night - 18" doll: Image intense

darski

Movie Night – 18” doll :pinterest

Can we all remember back to when we would put our hair up in curlers for Saturday then settle in for the Friday Night Fright Night :eek movie? Get the popcorn and where's the comfy ghan?

post-4896-135897433713_thumb.jpgpost-4896-135897433718_thumb.jpg

PDF is here: movienight.pdf

Special Stitch:
ehdc: extended half double crochet

It is a technique wherein you pull through only 1loop on your stitch at first and then make you stitch as you normally would. It can apply to sc, dc etc.

Here is a vid tutorial for Esc

Baby Dolls
Top…
post-4896-135897433721_thumb.jpg
4.mm hook and Mellowspun yarn. (a 3 wt on a scale of 1-6)
Join all rounds
Ch 40 and join to form ring

Row 1: ch 1, hdc in same st, [2 hdc in next, hdc in next] around.
(60 hdc)

Row 2: dc in 8, 2dc in next 2, dc in 10, 2dc in next 2, dc in 16, 2 dc in next 2, dc in 10, 2dc in next 2, dc in 8. (68 dc)

Row 3: dc in 10, ch 8, sk 14 dc, dc in 20, ch 8, sk 14 dc, dc in 10. (40 dc and 2 -ch 8 sp)

Row 4: dc in 2, [3dc in next, dc in 3]X2, 12 dc over ch 8 sp, [dc in 3, 3dc in next] 4 times, 12 dc over ch 8 sp, [dc in 3, 3dc in next] X 2, dc in 2.

Row 5: dc in every dc. (79 dc)

Row 6: {be ready to fudge as needed. In order to get it to work I had to work another dc into the 1st st }
Ch 4, sk 1, [dc in 2, ch1, sk 1] around. (27 2dc groups, 27 ch 1 spaces.)

Row 7: [dc in space between 2dc, 3dc in ch 1 space] around

Row 8-11: sl st to centre dc of next 3dc group, ch 3, dc in same st, [FPdc around next dc, 3dc group in centre dc of previous row]. End with one more dc in beginning st. Break off yarn.

Note: these rows are based on 3 dc groups and that lone dc. When I say {FPdc around next dc} it is the next - lone - dc and not one of the 3dc grouping. if you check the pic - it should be easier to see.

post-4896-135897433724_thumb.jpg
Row 12: att baby wt pink yarn in any FPdc…
[sc in post dc, ch 5] around and join

Row 13: [sc in sc, ch 6] join

Row 14: [sc in post sc, ch 5, sc into middle dc of 3dc group of row 11 working over ch strands from row 12 & 13, ch 5, sc in next sc] around Join. Break off and tidy all ends.

Bottoms…
post-4896-135897433726_thumb.jpg

With very light pink Baby Wt. yarn and 4mm hook…

60 Sc over elastic waistband.

Rows 1-3 hdc evenly around

Rows 4 : 2hdc in 1st st, hdc in 28, 2 hdc in next 2, hdc in 28, 2 hdc in last. (64 hdc)

Row 5: ch 3, hdc in same st, hdc in 30 [hdc, dc] in next , [dc, hdc in next] hdc in 30, [hdc, dc in last hdc]. (64 hdc, 4 dc))

Row 6-7: hdc evenly around (68hdc)

Row 8-9: Ehdc in 11, hdc to last 11 sts, ehdc in 11.

Note - numbers for rows were out of line - Oops :blush fixed it now.

Row 10-11: hdc in 15, hdc dec, hdc to lat 17 hdc, hdc dec, hdc to end. 64 hdc)

Legs…

post-4896-13589743373_thumb.jpg

Row 12: Sl st 1st st with 32nd st, sl st 33rd st with 64th st. Break off light pink. Secure and tidy all ends. Attach Phentex yarn in either leg hole…
Working in the stitches of the leg hole, sc around an elastic hairband (of suitable size).sc in 1st st, *ch 3, sc in next sc* rep. to end.

Row 13: sc in 1st sc, *ch 4, sc in next sc* to end.

Row 14: sc in 1st sc, *ch 5, sc in next sc* to end.

Slippers…

post-4896-135897433734_thumb.jpg

Ch 6…

Row 1: 3 sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next, hdc in next 2, 5hdc in last ch, hdc in 2, sc in next, 2 more hdc in beg. St.

Row 2: sc in same st as join, 2 sc in next, sc in next, hdc in 4,, 2 hdc in next 4, hdc in 4, sc in next, 2sc in next.

Row 3: hdc evenly around.

Row 4: hdc dec, hdc in 6, hdc dec 5 times, hdc in 6.

Row 5: hdc around. Make a dec if you think it is needed.

Row 6: hdc around.

Row 7: *FPhdc in first, hdc in next* to end. Break off and tidy all ends.

Curler coverw/ Phentex pink and 6mm hook

post-4896-135897433732_thumb.jpg

Join all rounds

Row 1: Ch 3, 9 dc in 3rd ch from hook, join. (10 dc)

Row 2: ch 5, [dc in next, ch 2}9 times. (10 dc – 10 ch 2 sp)

Row 3: ch 4, *dc in ch 2 sp, ch1, dc in next dc, ch 1,* rep. around. (20 dc – 20 ch 1 sp)

Row 4: ch 5, *dc in next dc, ch 2* repeat around.(20 dc, 20 ch 2 sp)

Row 5: ch 4, *dc in ch 2 sp, ch1, dc in next dc, ch 1,* rep. around. (40 dc – 40 ch 1 sp)

Row 6-8: ch 5, *dc in next dc, ch 2* repeat around.(40 dc, 40 ch 2 sp)

Row 9: sc over a suitably sized elastic hairband. Work 1 sc in each dc and 1 sc in each ch2 sp.

The bowl of popcorn…
post-4896-135897433736_thumb.jpg

The bowl…
With WWlite yarn in blue and white and 4 mm hook. All rows are joined.

Row 1: ch 3, 11 dc in 3rd st from hook.

Row 2: 2 dc in every dc

Row 3: ch 1, flip piece good side down , work FPsc in every stitch around. Ch 1 turn

Row 4: *hdc in 2, 2 hdc in next* rep to end. Turn.

Row 5: *hdc in 4, 2 hdc in next* rep to end, turn,

Row 6-7: hdc evenly around. Secure blue but do not break off.

Row 8: att white, *hdc in 2, long hdc in next* repeat around. Secure and break off white. Tidy ends.

Row 9: hdc evenly around.

Row 10: *hdc in 5, decrease next* rep to end Break off and tidy all ends

Popcorn…

post-4896-13589743374_thumb.jpg

With white and 4mm hook. The popcorn is worked in a continuous round. Don’t worry about the starting point… just have at it.

Ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook. In continuous stitches work [sc, tr] in each stitch OR [sc, dc]. Work in a completely random manner so that you get an effect of some sts (trebles) being higher than others. when it is large enough to fit in your bowl you just quit. *

I filled my bowl with leftover yarn and then just place the popcorn on top – no attaching. * you could break off leaving a long tail and stitch the popcorn in place (over stuffing) by stitching it along the white row of sts.

The ‘afghan’ is the Wheel Lattice square from Dayna’s crochet.

post-4896-135897433742_thumb.jpg

http://dayna.tdgservices.com/ShowPattern.aspx?PatternID=58

I did make a couple of changes.

. I used a ch 3 on row 3 instead of the ch 5.
. I used a ch 3 instead of ch 5 on row 6.
. I made 4 rows of ch 3 mesh at the end
. My final row was 2dc in ever ch 3 space and [2dc, ch 1, 2 dc] in the corners. My square ended up at 16 inches.

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2009

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh boy does that bring back some memories. Usually ended up with no curlers the next morning, cause they hurt to lay on.

This is so cute.:hook

:rofl :rofl :rofl

I guess I should have admitted that part too but hey... :blush

CUTE !!! I use to love wearing baby doll pj's!! I can relate to the roller thing, brush rollers (ouch), big ol' plastic rollers (awkward) , then,, Thank God for the hot rollers!!! lol

Thanks for sharing the pattern, another I need try!!!

wow, I'm always amazed by your creativeness. :) does it take you long to crochet an outfit? do you wake up in the middle of the night with ideas of new ones? I really need to stop being a slowpoke and get these outfit done!

is there any way you could please send me this pattern to my email please? my open office isn't working right for me. i might have to delette it and then reinstall it again. if you can thank you. i want to try it for my 18" doll. and then i am saving it to a cd.

• 2 weeks later...

Darski, those babydoll pajamas are adorable! I'd love a pair of those in MY size! :lol I can just picture them done in Peaches and Creme, they'd be so comfy! Meanwhile, they're just precious on the doll!

Archived