Free-Crochet.com vs. Annies Attic

norwinmom

Does anyone else miss Annie's Attic's free patterns? I check free-crochet.com daily to see what they have and they don't seem to be as nice as what was offered through Annie's Attic.

I haven't gone to the Annie's Attic site since they quit with the free pattern of the day. And because I haven't gotten a printed AA catalog (always ordered on line) in a very long time, I haven't ordered from there. I must say that it is saving me money! :lol

You do realize it's all basically the same company. Freepatterns and freecrochet have the same patterns and the AA free pattern a day patterns would eventually end up on Freepatterns...be that as it may though, yes, I miss AA, although in the last year or two I was getting extremely frustrated with the fpad because the patterns would repeat themselves or they just weren't what I wanted to make eventually. Unlike the first year or so where nearly every day i was printing out a pattern.

Still, yeah, I miss it.

You do realize it's all basically the same company. Freepatterns and freecrochet have the same patterns and the AA free pattern a day patterns would eventually end up on Freepatterns

I do know that.

However they did offer a lot of patterns from books, booklets, and magazines. Some of the patterns were from e-patterns which isn't free.

Sometimes it was a good deal. Which the free crochet really isn't. Just my opinion.

I too am one who misses AA FPAD, I do check out the other site but it's not the same, actually if you just go through the catagories the patterns are already there most of the time and they are just featuring a pattern, nothing like what AA's was.

I miss the convenience of Annie's Attic free pattern of the day. I would e mail it to myself so I always had it to print when I wanted to. I also liked that they told you where the pattern was from and most of the time I had the book it was in. And it was available right away. The one now has to be downloaded and takes longer. Even having to register with personal info was annoying just to access the patterns but I got around that. And I realized too, that it was the same format and patterns as free patterns.com.

I'm lucky if I remember to check it now each day.

LI Roe

actually if you just go through the catagories the patterns are already there most of the time and they are just featuring a pattern, nothing like what AA's was.

Another reason I don't like it.

It's also why I don't care for Daily Crocheter. It's nothing but free patterns that are on the net. I can get that from CPC.

I also liked that they told you where the pattern was from and most of the time I had the book it was in.

I liked that too. However they stopped doing that awhile back and just said it was "Copyright DRG".

I miss AA FPAD too, a lot of them were pretty and fun even if they were repeats, the ones from free crochet just don't interest me. I haven't seen a single pattern there yet that I would make where at least once or twice a week I was printing out the AA patterns.

Archived