"Join As You Go" MAM Afghan Patterns

shuttlebuggy

Question

Hi

Have any of you had good luck with this method of MAM's (mile-a-minute) afghans???

I am interested in trying one - but I don't like the prospect of all the long joins at the end and I think I remember seeing patterns that were join as you go on them.

Any thoughts??

Oh and I prefer the squared off bottoms on the the strips not the rounded - I know I am a fussy gal!:lol

2 answers to this question

I did one of these a while ago as a present for some friends for Christmas one year. It was so great, because I could just take the strip anywhere with me to work on. :crocheting

I sewed the strips together as I went along and kept the sewn-together strips home in a big plastic bin. By the time I was done, all I had to do was crochet the border -- a great time-saver!

Like you, I prefer the ones with a squared-off bottom, so I'm still searching for a good one to do next.

It's not that hard to square off the ends if you want to. I like them better that way, too. I'm trying to remember...for the basic MAM strip, which I don't think anyone has copyrighted, if you start chaining 10, then (3dc, ch 2, 3 dc) into the...ummm....fourth chain from the beginning, then dc in the beginning ch, it makes a square edge. When you come to the top, ch...I think it's 6, sc in the ch-2 space, ch 3, dc in the top of the dc on the edge. :hook

Archived