Anyone in Livejournal?

Veronika

I was wondering if any of you use livejournal? (livejournal is a free place for "blogs" but works a bit different, you may add friends and read them in a friends list, you can also join communities (there are a few about crochet, knit and other crafts, you can make entries for friends, meaning only the ones you want can read it, so it´s more private.. etc..).

I have a Livejournal where I post my thoughts and daily stuff (if you don´t have a livejournal you won´t be able to read it) ... and then my blog where I post my crafts and progress..

If you have a Livejournal, I´d love to add you, so let me know! :hug

I have one - but only so I can post in my friends' journals. I keep my blog at blogger.

And can I just say that I was absolutely horrified by the treatment an acquaintance of mine received on one of the LJ crochet boards when someone disagreed with her about something. Made me extra-glad to have this place!

Really!? I´ve heard something about the knitting and crochet community, but I´m no member there.. I´m member in novice knitters and novice crochetters and it´s very nice there :)

This forum is SO much better anyway! but I did find some nice tips and easy beginner patterns there :)

I am -- lj username xantha -- most of my stuff is friends-only, and I post much less now. I'm mostly there to keep up with friends and family who aren't local.

I've been a member of the lj crochet community for some time now, but it's had a lot of drama come up lately. I skip over most of it, but I find that I don't read it much at all anymore except to answer a question here or there. I'm also in novice_knitters and sock_knitters, but I'm not very active there either.

:)

I don't have a journal there, but I lurk at the crochet and knitting forums daily. I've found some useful links by reading the posts, but there is a lot of unwanted "drama" (especially in crochet) so I don't post or become a part.

:heart I love Crochetville so much!! :heart

I have a LJ, my username is deepdarkwoods. I lurk and read the crochet and knitting communities, but I'm not brave enough to post. :P

(Unless you're on my friends' list, you can't read most of my journal entries. If anyone wants to friend me, I'll friend them back)

great!! we are a few!! I want to spice up my friendlist!! and i want creative people x)

Adding the ones with LJ :D

PS: I´m not memner of the crochet community, but read a lot of comments about the drama over there.. sad.

Then again.. we have Corchetville!! I wish there was a forum like this one for knitting!

I wish there was a forum like this one for knitting!

Well, Knitters Review is similar, though they seem to have a bit more drama. KR is a great resource for other things, too, like yarn reviews.

I used to regularly lurk on the LJ Crochet group:lol, and I found quite a few nice patterns and ideas. I have pretty much quit going there though- many of the posts started veering away from crochet and onto other topics- so I pretty much spend my time here and with some crochet groups on Yahoo:)

*raises hand* I'm a LiveJournaller. I happen to like the crochet group - it's easy to just not read the infrequent drama-posts - I just skip 'em and enjoy the pattern help and loverly pieces and advice that are posted.

A LJ'er I am, I am. I keep most of my stuff on my blog, but occassionally journal there. I enjoy the Crochet community and a few others, like A twisted Stitch. I'm not advanced enough to post there, but I learn from reading about others adventures in crochet.

Yes, the drama in Crochet can be intense at times, but there is too much good there to leave.

That community is why I stopped regularly keeping up with LJ. It reminds me of the "popular" high school kids who think they're cool by making fun of the "unpopular" kids. I still check in every once in a while but I won't buy anything from the people involved in the snark group.

Ditto I don't understand that behavior & I wouldn't purchase anything from any of them either.

That community is why I stopped regularly keeping up with LJ. It reminds me of the "popular" high school kids who think they're cool by making fun of the "unpopular" kids. I still check in every once in a while but I won't buy anything from the people involved in the snark group.

What a coincidence. I was checking online and came across this from some live journal garbage talk post:

http://www.livejournal.com/community/crochet_snark/32600.html

The second one had an IP address that I could locate, and now she's blocked from my site. I'm still working on the first one.

My two cents is that there's no need to be witchy. If you don't like something (namely a freebie someone has taken time to post), don't say anything. Who needs all that hyped up drama anyways?

Alisha, you're better off not being there. ;-)

I saw that today they are just having all kinds of fun bashing people:think I agree what good does knocking people do?? Probably makes them feel better about themselves:shrug

What amazes me is that I bought a pattern from a web site of one of these snarkers a while back and she had a post recently where she was basically bashing everyone who has visited her site. I took that as a personal insult and I will never buy from her again nor am I even going to use the pattern. Isn't she just biting the hand that feeds her? I was incredibly offended and appalled at what these people are doing.

The acquaintance of mine actually got "i hope your kids die" emails from LJ members. Awful stuff.

Gosh, I love you guys!

I have a LJ account http://www.livejournal.com/users/crohooker/

. I also read the crochet community.

I have also been snarked. http://www.livejournal.com/community/crochet_snark/3595.html

I think the best thing to do over there is just to skip the posts you don't like. And as the old saying goes 'Different strokes for different folks'

Death threats to her kids geez they're like crochet terrorist :yuck Kittylou :think don't get it either.

The problem is you don't know if you post something what kind of comment you're gonna get. The moderators here wouldn't stand for that behavior :cheer

It got worse before it got better. Two even more jerky posts bashing me. What cracks me up is that they somehow feel they're the "Avant Guard" of crochet, like their blazing some new path because they can make a cell phone cozy.

I've decided that all the hits I've gotten from that place is enough. I'm in the process of banning that whole community. God I love .htaccess files. You can just say, "No more hits from there" and they just stop.

I'm glad it's not like that over here. I really like it here. People are very friendly. Yey Crochetville!

Archived